“This hotel was a value compared to other local hotel rates.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Fort Worth, Texas
“This hotel was a value compared to other local hotel rates.”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

The hotel was a value compared to other local hotels. It was conveniently located to many restaurants. It was also located next to I-35 which made it easy to excess other things. Driving only a few exits down the highway in either direction and you were at a new venue.

If you are looking for an Olympic sized pool this is not the hotel for you. If you are looking for polite staff, clean room and value this could be the place for you.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theroamingknomes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We have stayed with this Econo Lodge at least 6 times in the past year. The staff are great, the rooms are always clean and well maintained and that is why we return over and over. We have stayed at several other placed in New Braunfels as well and none have compared in this price range.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pairofhikers
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I was getting ready for bed and wanted some ice water. Went to the machine and pulled out what appeared to be yellowish ice. Take that with a grain of salt...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank mr007agent

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Houston, TX
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We had a good experience at the Econo Lodge in NB. I think it was a great value- we only paid a little over $100 so we didn't expect the moon. But we were also not let down in the least. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly and efficient at check in. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was good, and food/drinks were being replenished. If you are looking for a good value/no frills hotel then this one is for you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jcooney02
DFW
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Clean, new, fridge and microwave in room. No frills. Comfortable beds. Good location. Short drive to Guerne, river toobing, and water park. Liked the free TX shaped make-your-own waffles at breakfast. Pool is a joke though--small and just stuck to the side of the building in the parking lot. Still--save $ and stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bllrm
Portland, TX
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I arrived at the hotel and was fairly impressed at first. Hotel was clean, stay was fairly quiet, and location was nice. Free internet worked well.

This is a brand new hotel. On the second floor by my room was a brand new ice machine. It was "broken". Yeah...well, it was on, but I believe the water line on the back had not yet been connected. So I had to walk down stairs and all the way down the hall just to get a bucket of ice.

Biggest Complaint. I was working for a health fair that let out at 11 am. Check out here is 11 am. I called the front desk to inquire if it would be okay if I checked out a little late (never imagining it would be a problem) so that I did not have to pack all my stuff the night before. I was told basically "yes, you can check out late, but we're going to charge you". I have never ever received such an answer from any hotel that I've stayed in. ALL other hotels have been very gracious and have allowed up to 1 or 2 hours to get out. I would have only needed about 30 minutes or so and I just think that this is bad business. I needed enough time to get back from a health fair that was ~ 6 miles away and ended at 11. I needed enough time to drive back, grab my stuff, load up, and leave. Very petty.

Perhaps this is not a very big deal, but I can only imagine if there was a greater problem or accommodation requested of this facility. My guess at their answer. "sure we'll help you, just give us your credit card and you can do whatever you want."

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Toledo, OH
Reviewed December 10, 2008

We just stopped in when we saw the "Now Open" sign, which was mentioned in a review several months ago. We stayed there for $59 so I guess their business has died down quite a bit from the summer. Room was nice and appeared to be new or recently remodeled. Breakfast was great, especially the Texas-shaped waffles. New Braunsfels was kind of disappointing so we found ourselves heading over to the town of Gruene every day.

• Liked — the rate
  • Disliked — the town of New Braunfels
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple