We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Historic Kuebler Waldrip Haus Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 12 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2007

This was my first B&B experience and I absolutely LOVED the Kuebler Waldrip Haus B&B. I've already decided this will be an annual retreat. The atmosphere wraps you with warmth, charm, and relaxation from the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies offered upon arrival to the Blue Bell ice cream in the evening. Darell and Margie are wonderful hosts and are always available for anything you may need. They have a wealth of knowledge of the area, local history and great stories to enjoy.

And...the breakfasts! I can't rave enough about the delicious variety of foods served. They definitely are not 'continental' breakfasts. They are hearty and very filling from the fresh fruit, buscuits, muffins, ham, sausage, potatoes, wonderful egg dishes, crumb cake, etc. I looked forward to every morning and was easily able to skip lunch.

I would definitely recommend the Kuebler Waldrip Haus to anyone!

Christy F.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Christy67

Reviewed April 23, 2007

The Historic Kuebler Waldrip Haus & Danville Schoolhouse Bed & Breakfast was wonderful. The rooms were quaint, clean, and comfortable. The owners were super friendly, available for any questions or help you may need. The property was lovely. In the morning while strolling along the property, I saw a deer, turkey, and hummingbirds. It was very relaxing. The breakfasts were awesome. No need for lunch after homemade bisquits, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs, juice, fruit. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who wants to feel right at home in the beautiful countryside of New Braunfels, TX. Can't wait for an excuse to make a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ShortTripMom
Reviewed April 21, 2007

This trip was for our annual Girl's weekend. We had a fantastic time. Daryl and his mom (Margie;pronounced Margee) were super friendly. By the end of the weekend we were ready to adopt them both.

Can't say enough about the rooms, spacious, comfortable, spotless and historical.

Will never be able to say enough about the breakfasts....pancakes, eggs, biscuits, sausage, potatoes, juice, milk, jam.....cinnamon rolls! Did I mention the coffee was the best we've ever had? Did I mention the cinnamon rolls! Ohh my.

We had a great time at trade days and ate at the Grist Mill (Thanks Daryl for checking on the wait time) and then the next day we ate at The Springs (Thanks Margee for the review and the pork chop recommendation).

In the evenings, we returned to The Haus for good conversation, sitting outside sipping wine, and having Blue Bell (of course)!

Thanks again. We will return! See you soon.

Dianna G, Sheryl A, and Debbie T.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Dianna_G
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My husband and I just returned from our trip to the New Braunfels area and wanted to let everyone know our stay at the Kuebler Waldrip Haus was wonderful. This is our second stay and will most definitely will be back again and again!! We love the country setting and the quiet relaxing atmosphere.
We stayed for 3 nights and the breakfasts each morning were glorious!! Always a treat to see what was being served!
Would recommend this most wonderful place to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Carolyn L
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 23, 2006

We found the Waldrip Haus through the Internet and selected it for its location. Near our destination - Schlitterbahn and San Antonio. It looked nice online, but it was even better in person. The price was also very reasonable, rooms were clean and comfortable, and a friendly, helpful staff! Aside from the location, perhaps one of my favorite parts of the stay was the breakfasts that were included in the cost.Our entire experience at the guesthouse was just great! We recommend it to family and friends. See you next summer!

Stayed: June 2006
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2006

My husband and three children have enjoyed several visits to the Historic Kuebler Waldrip Haus in New Braunfels over the years. We love the Hill Country, Schlitterbahn and the proximity of New Braunfels to San Marcos and Austin and began taking our family there for a quick summer getaway in 2000. Our first time there we found this charming B & B on the Internet and began our annual trip to Kuebler Waldrip Haus. We have enjoyed this wonderful bed and breakfast every visit since. We stay in Deer Haven, the private cottage separate from the house and enjoy a clean, airy, cleverly decorated place with room for our kids and some privacy for my husband and I. There is rustic charm in every area of this property, from the stone fences and deer crossing the field every evening to the family of friendly cats that love the children's attention to the home baked chocolate chip cookies provided to welcome you as you arrive. The breakfasts are sumptious feasts of delicious Hill COuntry delicacies and the laid-back and genuinely friendly manner of the owners makes you feel right at home. The property is right off River Road and provides nice scenery driving to and from town and the water park. The B & B itself is on many acres of beautifully wooded grounds with classic hill country scenery. All in all we have always been happy at the Waldrips and will continue to stay there anytime we visit New Braunfels, which is very often! We highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Woodlands, TX
Reviewed February 16, 2006

We arrived excited by the prospect of staying at a this BNB since it was so close to Schlitterbahn. We are no strangers to BNB's having stayed in Camden, Bar Harbor, Monterrey, etc. Our first clue that we had erred terribly was the dilapidated plastic kids swimming pool and assorted broken bits of unidentifiable junk in the front yard. "Rustic" it was not. We stayed in the private cottage out back @$180 a nite. We took a tour through the actual house and were duly unimpressed with the paper cups and plates at the place settings for dining the next morning. Drinks and ice cream for the kids were in a disorganized refrigerator consisting of opened half gallons of ice cream. We had low expectations, but when we got into the "cottage" we were assaulted by the stench of bug spray. By this time my wife was fit to be tied, but we were assured that it would dissipate. We left, went to dinner, went down to the river and came back in the evening. The kids were getting ready for bed when my daughted looked up into the light fixture and spotted a scorpion. I told her not to worry, that it was dead, whereupon it started moving around in the fixture along with its progeny as well. That did it. I called the Westin in San antonio, got a room and we left immediately. I can't understand all the glowing reviews, however if you have low expectations, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2004
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Margaret W, Manager at Historic Kuebler Waldrip Haus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Many of our weekends are very busy with guests that rent one room to large groups. A family reunion had rented our whole property for 2 nights for a group of 26 guests, and a short time later, as is a regular occurrence, our new guests arrived. Our previous guests who had 6 small children had been in our front yard with toys and a plastic pool to cool off the children. Unfortunately, I had not had the chance to straighten or clean the yard area before the new guests arrived. I personally greeted the new guests and told them that a group had just departed and that we were preparing the property for new arrivals.

Part of our check-in process is to give our guests a tour of our breakfast area, dining room, common room and show them to their rented room. This way we can answer any questions on breakfast, when and where breakfast is served, where the common room is, what is there for them to enjoy and of course, where to find their room. Our breakfast room was set with paper cups because when there are small children, paper is safer. I appreciate the guests comments, and we - and our staff have taken this opportunity to set the tables with plates, glasses and cloth napkins. Paper is also available when needed upon request.

The guests enjoyed the tour of the property including the visit to our common room. The guests comments on the ice cream was certainly correct in that a family reunion of 26 guests had just been there and the supplies had not yet been resupplied. Later that evening, we restocked the freezer along with the drinks and homemade chocolate chip cookies.

The property is located on 43 peaceful acres in the Texas hill country and we do maintain the grounds and the buildings along with a monthly service that help us maintain the buildings and the grounds. Because wildlife and bugs are a part of the Texas landscape, our attempts to try to control as much as we can - sometimes it just is not enough. I attempted to resolve and remove the unwanted guest, but the guest refused to let me. I did so after the guest left the property. These guests did not pay for their room because I told the guest that he did not need to pay for the room if they were not comfortable here. I attempted to assist them in trying to find a local room for them. They declined my offer, and they decided to go to San Antonio. I hope that they had a great time during their stay in San Antonio, Texas.