Historic Kuebler Waldrip Haus Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 12 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I will return here again. It is a family run place that was clean and historic.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Three of us enjoyed the Gilbeau Room above the kitchen for girls trip. Breakfast was the best: varied homemade eggs, biscuits or muffins, bacon, and fruit in a warm dining room that encourages guest interaction. Some B and Bs are not that friendly and just seem like a business. These hosts go the extra mile to chat you up and offer lots of help to enjoy nearby Gruene, New Branfels and wineries. Three different buildings with large ranch views are included but no pool. Complimentary cokes, wine, bottled water, and Blue Bell ice cream! We ended up paying about $50 each a night, which was a super value, and the atmosphere is so homelike comfortable. I recommend it as much better alternate to the B and Bs in town!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My daughter and I met my mother here for a "girls weekend." I was very hesitant because I never relax when I leave town....until now! I was so pleased with the b and b that I am already planning our next stay in a couple of weeks so that my husband can unwind too! Margy and Darrell were the most wonderful hosts...and my hat goes off to the ladies who prepared breakfast. This is by far the most fabulous place I have ever had the opportunity to stay. Phenomenal b and b! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2011

What a wonderful hidden gem! Just spent 2 nights at this wonderful B & B and loved everything about it. In town for a school field trip another mom and I deciced to for go the bunk house and stay here. Our room was Kathrines attic with 2 very comfy king size beds. Beautiful fresh crisp white bed linens framed in eyelets! This room is above the kitchen so waking to the smell of coffee brewing and breakfast in the making was great! The owners Margie and her son Darrell were very accomodating to our early departure in preparing a wonderful breakfast for us each morning. Our room was quite and very very clean! Coming up the stairs to our room you enter a small kitchen area that is shared with another room. There is a nice baconey as well over looking the hill country. Entering Kathrines room there is a dressing room across from the private bathroom area that is separate from the actual sleeping room. The space for Kathrines Attic is huge! This room would easily accomodate a third person on the twin bed. Did I mention a freezer full of Ble Bell ice cream? Help yourself folks! What a great night cap! History surrounds this B&B the stone work throughout cedar ceilings antiques and pictures that create a place of complete peacefulness! I have always stayed in Gruene which by the way is 5 mins away however, I can't wait to go back. Don't forget to ask about the pet deer and the amadillo's! And those sweet sweet cats! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Booked this trip on a lark since I heard that New Braunfels was a real gem of a town to visit. Margy and her family were a shear delight: very helpful and congenial with lots of suggestions for places to visit. Awesome breakfast of homemade pancakes, scrambled eggs (no need for lunch), sausage, fresh fruit and gallons of coffee. Very accomodating for those who deal with gluten allergies. Hubbie and I will definitely come again. This Bed and Breakfast is a real keeper!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My wife and I have made several trips to the area, but had never stayed at a bed and breakfast. After speaking to the owner, Margy, via telephone, I decided to stay here versus a number of other bed and breakfasts available. It was honestly one of the best travel decision I have ever made. The property is located a little outside of town, and is very quiet. The grounds and rooms are absolutely beautiful, and both are kept sparkling clean. After a wonderful night's sleep, I awoke to the smell of a delicious, home-cooked breakfast. Margy and her son, Darrell, were extremely nice and the perfect hostess and host. I will DEFINITELY stay here, again, when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We arrived at Keubler Waldrip Haus and immediately fell in love with the inn. We walked into the front door and the warmth of the fire in the rustic stone fireplace was so very welcoming. The sign on the front door said "Come into the back room" and we made our way back to meet the innkeepers. They were both very friendly and showed us up to our incredible room on the second floor. It was magical.

Our room was the sleeping area in the original stone house, peaked ceiling and original slatted plank from the house when it was built in the 1800's. The stone walls flanked either end and beautiful views of the sunrise from the dormer windows were spectacular. Modern conveniences abound, including a kitchen area off of the suite, separate dressing area for the ladies and large jacuzzi bathtub in the full bath. Beautiful linens in both the bath and on the beds showed the attention to detail. Walk out the back of the kitchen onto a beautiful deck and enjoy your morning coffee or a nice glass of wine.

The hospitality was amazing, wine and ice cream at night and a fabulous candlelight breakfast complete with homemade coffee cake, eggs, cinnamon apples, sausage, freshly made hash brown potatoes and an array of jams, salsa and juices and other beverages.

We loved it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic, quiet getaway.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple