“Good Food, Shorter Wait”
Review of Gruene River Grill

Gruene River Grill
Ranked #3 of 273 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

For those wanting to dine in Gruene, there appears to be a wait time no matter where you are going however we found the wait at Gruene River Grill to be half the time of The Gristmill (we may have just gotten lucky I suppose). The food was great, I had the Chicken Enchiladas...but secretly wished I had ordered the chicken fried steak that the table next to us ordered! It looked AMAZING! The service was less than impressive but the food made up for it!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

My friends and I loved the salmon with basmati rice and steamed veggies. The squash and zuccini were cooked perfectly-not squishy or barely cooked. I actually ate all my veggies this time :) The salmon had a wonderful flavor and I highly recommend it. The waitress was polite and she loved her job. She didn't say it, we just knew it. I will definitely visit again. (The wait time wasn't long as it was dinner on a Tuesday, but large parties might need to reserve ahead of time.)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was our first visit here and will definitely not be our last. Everything we ordered was unbelievable. Shrimp wonton appetizers, glazed pork chop and salmon piccata. One of, if not the best pork dishes I've ever eaten. Staff is polite, quick and knowledgeable. This is a place where I'd make a special overnight trip from Houston just to eat here.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We really enjoy our meals at this restaurant. Happy Hour is also fun. They have half price appetizers and specials on the drinks. There is a really pretty view of the river and in the winter, the fireplace is really nice.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We ate here for the first time and it was excellent! Ordered the queso chicken and chicken guadalupe...both were excellent! Everyone at our table raved about the food! We will definitely eat here again.