“Great weekend getaway with family”

Antoinette's Cottage
Antoinette's Cottage
Ranked #15 of 17 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Midland, TX
“Great weekend getaway with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

My sister and I love to meet up at least once a year and get away together. We had a great experince staying here. We sharred a room but we were not crowded. The bathroom more than met two girls trying to get ready at the same time. The owner recommended several great spots to visit, and her tea was to die for. I kept trying to get the receipe from her. Breakfast was very filling and more than we could eat. It was Novemeber when we stayed, so as we sat on the front porch, it had agreat breeze blowing and all the trees were changing colors as the busy world just passed by. Very relaxing. My sister and I already made reservations again for next year!

Stayed November 2008, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2008

This was the worst experience ever. The A/C was broken so every night it was freezing cold and during the day muggy and Cheryl refused to call anyone, fix it or give us any credit. The so-called grand breakfast was kolaches (one per person) one day and fast food burritos the next, plus we had to wake her up! She complained when we asked for fresh towels which she never gave us, she wanted us to reuse the ones we had and we ran out of toilet paper and had to buy our own because we cleaned our own rooms! Not to mention she lets her dogs run in and out of the whole place and one dog had gotten into a skunk! She rarely knocks and is constantly coming into your room, and we just felt she had to be lonely or something. We had also agreed to a cheaper rate because we were debating between two B&Bs to stay at and she gave us a cheaper price but when we got there she claimed she never agreed to it. Overall it was a bad experience and we will never go back.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Too many things to list..
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank marisakat2126
dancer5224, owner at Antoinette's Cottage, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
I had a family emergency and had to leave for the day and evening on Sat. I asked these ladies if I could clean this room before I left at 2:00 P.M. They refused to let me and assured me they had plenty of towels, toilet paper, etc. I was surprised when they told me the next morning they had run out, as I place three double rolls of TP in each bathroom. One of the women insisted on calling the dogs into the room against my objections on Friday, and all were constantly coming to the connecting door and asking for wine glasses, openers, napkins, directions, ironing boards, fans, etc., hence my coming and going. They left their door open indicating they wished me to come in to bring the many items they had requested, and each time I did come in, I was asked many questions, hence the conversations. I do not know of any other B&B which provides this kind of service, as we are not 5 star hotels with room service staff.
As to the breakfast, I serve breakfast tacos from the same place everyone else does, so I do not know what she was expecting. I offer a great deal more on these tacos with lots of homemade salsa, pico de gallo, fruit, etc. I discuss breakfast with guests at check-in and they agreed to it and told me how many of each item they thought they would eat. Apparently, someone had a much larger appetite than indicated, although no one told me they wished more, as I had much to throw away.

I never agreed to a cheaper price, as this was the Wine Festival, and I could have booked this room many times over at a higher rate, as my competitors do. I believe she had confused me with another establishment further from Gruene. I think this confusion generated her hostile response.

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Orange,Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

We cant say enough good things about Antointtes Cottage! Cheryl the owner treats you like family. No matter which room you choose to stay in, you are in for a real treat. The location cannot be beat. Gruene Hall and numerous shops are literally within a minutes walking distance. Coffee and and breakfast on the front porch can't be beat! Sherry has been a Gruene resident since about 1974, so she knows the town and can give good advice on anything you want to do during your stay. Needless to say when we are ready to go back to Gruene, we will be stayinging an Anotinette's Cottage! Chris and Rosy

• Liked — Historic significant of inn as well as decore.
  • Disliked — Had no bad comments on accomadations.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank lostthorne
Crystal Beach, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2007

Recently, in September of this year, we stayed at Antoinettes Cottage in Gruene, Texas. This is one of the loveliest B&Bs we have ever visited! The hostess was very charming and gracious! We recommend this B&B very highly! The rooms were exquisite and spotless! Truly a lovely experience! Carole & Guy

4 Thank Carole H