“Our stay”

Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Brunswick, Georgia
“Our stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were put in a room where all the rooms were being re-done - so all the others were boarded up. Ours was dirty and off by ourselves - not safe feeling at all - the check in 5/15/12 the lady was rude and not helpful at all - the check out the young lady was very nice and very helpful. We moved to a nicer motel up the road (even though our bike was being repaired across the street at the Harley Shop)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debra T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Antigua, Guatemala
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Overpriced and nasty! We just stayed during the Labor Day weekend and it was horrible. Dirty, dingy, buggy, saggy bed, tipsy toilet , employees loitering and smoking outside of our room while on their breaks, etc. Good thing I drank alot of beer while floating the river that enabled me to sleep through this nightmare. Do not fall for their flashy website and emphasis on location. It's not worth it!

Room Tip: Room 115 sucks
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Drodgers34

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Cypress, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you don't plan on getting into the water...I'd give this place a 3.5. The rooms were clean. Not fancy. (But don't expect any coffee pots or other amenities). The pool was "okay". BUT....the water in the river was awful. You know the Green "hairy" stuff (algae? Plant?) It was out of control. The water came up to my ribs...the green "sweater" came up to my hips. I can't explan how bad it was. To top it off, we had come to the river just one week before and stayed at a place about a mile down the road. That place did not have the same problems. I think we were a bit spoiled being that we had just stayed down the road...and had access to canoes, paddle boats, a bigger pool, etc. for the same price. I hate giving a bad review. The staff was so nice. But I can honestly say I will never go back there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharri W
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Management was nice, helpful and courteous. Location on the river provides great relaxation. Beds and housing wasn't great but okay for a place to flop after tubing and touring Gruene. A good time can definitely be had. Rates were reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David S
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The folks there are nice enough, but the room we had really sucked for sleeping. They have only cheap blinds on the windows, and a bright light just outside the door that keeps the room lit all night. In addition, the beds and sheets are super cheap and uncomfortable - not even up to Motel 6 standards. The room was clean, though. The kitchen has absolutely nothing, so bring whatever you may need.

• Stayed August 2012
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for a family reunion, and we probably had about half of the rooms occupied along with reserving and using the club house the entire weekend. The location is PERFECT - I've been coming to New Braunfels and Gruene for more than 20 years, and have never stayed in a more perfect location. The grounds were beautifully maintained and very clean. The cabin layout and the room set-ups are perfect for large gatherings with family and friends. I stayed in a room that slept 8 people, and there was plenty of space. My two boys (5 and 3 years old) absolutely loved the pool; it has a fun, little water slide that's safe for little ones and still fun for the older kids. The service was excellent. I had several questions and requests leading up to my stay, and the staff was always helpful and accommodating. During our stay, the staff made every effort to help me and my boys have a great time, along with the rest of our family.

There is lots of feedback on the rooms, so here's mine -- some of the rooms are outdated; and some have been remodeled. The remodeled rooms were very nice. I got to see quite a few because so many of my relatives were staying there. My room was very outdated, albeit very clean, and I felt a little anxious about it when I first got there. However, I quickly realized they were perfect for a stay on the river! In New Braunfels, you're outside the entire time (or you should be!), and you'll usually come back wet and in need of a change from being on the river/Schlitterbahn/pool/etc. So, it was actually perfect for what we needed, and for anyone who doesn't plan on spending a lot of time in their room. If you're thinking of staying here, but not sure because of the feedback on the rooms, then I would just request to be in one of the remodeled rooms.

Overall -- beautiful place, perfect location, wonderful service, and lots of fun. I would definitely recommend this place for a family/friends trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gypsyfromtexas
San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great location. You're pretty close to food and entertainment, and the property is located right on the Guadalupe River. However, the price of the rooms is a premium considering the tiny bathroom and outdated room. The upper bed is in a loft that sits right beneath a skylight, so whoever has to sleep up there will sweat miserably. We carried our loft mattress down the stairs and put it on the floor so we could sleep comfortably w/ the other couple we shared our room with. Air circulation and cooling was non-existent on the loft. There was also a lack of seating and/our social accommodations in the room such as a couch or more than two chairs. And the chairs they did have were wicker dining chairs. Maybe they anticipate everyone hanging out outside, but unless you walk down a ways towards the river bank, there aren't many places to hang around and sit. Perhaps some benches outside the rooms or some sort of chairs would be nice. It sucked when you wanted to hang out in the A/C and socialize w/ others in their rooms because you had nowhere to sit except for the bed. though I realize that the proprieters have to make their money in mainly one season, we felt a little gouged at $200 per night. Maybe if our river entertainment like tubing and/or rafting were included, this would be a good deal, but we paid an additional $30 per person for about a 5 mile drive and raft rental. It came out to about $120 a raft (4 people). I don't know how much tubes were. For the money, it was not a very comfortable, clean pleasant place to stay, but it was right on the river and staff was nice. I recommend bringing your own towels. Theirs were like sandpaper. Pretty much the only thing this place has going for it is location. The owners should consider reinvesting some money back into it to improve the place some to warrant their prices. I feel that $80 a night for this kind of room would have been pushing it, but given the location, I understand they can get a bit more. However, I don't think after staying here once now that I would pay more than $130-$150 a night (taxes and fees included) to stay here. It's just kind of dumpy, even if it is on the river.

• Stayed July 2012