“Not the best!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
“Not the best!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

First of all, let me warn you that several rooms have exterior entrances. We only like interior entrances for safety. Toilet was not clean. The breakfast area was very congested. We stayed two nights and there was no room for us to eat either morning. Not at all what we expected based on the website. Pool is located very near to the lobby entrance. We do not plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: My suggestion is to book a room at one of the nice hotels nearby! If you go to New Braunfels during...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dabbster3
BestWesternNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for this review, and as always thank you for choosing to stay with the Best Western Inn & Suites. Our location is unique that it caters to both interior and exterior aspects of a hotel. Neither side of the hotel is any different than the other aside from being different room types. All of our rooms have been nicely appointed with new furnishings, including TV's, furniture, paint etc. I offer my apologies to you as far as being busy is concerned, but it is peak season in the entire city, so a little bit of extra traffic is normal for this time of the year. I would also like to apologize for the cleanliness of your accommodations, as that is not normal for my award winning housekeeping staff. I assure you our priority has always been guests comfort and we are meeting or exceeding our guests needs everyday. Thank you again for staying with us, I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Shailesh G Bhakta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I teach camps and hold conferences for my company so we mostly use the conference/meeting rooms. Regardless it was very clean, nice, and updated. Had just been painted and everything was very pleasing to the eye. The meeting room had exactly what I needed and was plenty big which is something I have trouble finding. Price was good and the staff was excellent and was even helpful when our booking got mixed up and we had 20 min till start time! They got everything ready with a smile even though it was our fault. Also easy find, right off the highway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BestWesternNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing our site for your event, and thank you for this review. I am happy to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your needs in every way. Our guests are always our priority, and taking care of their needs is very high on our to-do list. I hope to be of service again to you soon. Thank you again.

Tomball
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had visit to Texas State for my daughter and this was the closet I could find at a reasonable price. Service was great along with the hot breakfast in the morning.
Since she is there at Texas State now, will most likely will use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to write this review. We strive to be our best each day to make sure each and every one of our guests needs are met. I am glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. I would be honored to accomodate your needs from now on. Thank you

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Employees were very friendly, a welcome site after a few days in San Antonio where we had several issues with employees rolling their eyes and making us feel like we were an imposition. Michelle tending the breakfast bar was willing to make things 1 minute before it was scheduled to shut down. Bianca, although we were wanting to check in early, offered to call us and then did call to let us know as soon as our rooms were ready and Amy tending the front desk was very friendly and Mayur at check out all made our stay enjoyable. Located close to schlitterbahn and the river made this a place to return next time.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this review of our site, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am truly honored to hear of the great service and facilities you had during your stay with us. You, along with all of out other guests, are always our priority. It feels great to hear of the fantastic job my staff is doing to fullfill my guests needs. I hope to see you on your next trip to our area.

vfnelson2
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This Best Western is 1/2 hotel and 1/2 motel. Meaning some rooms you enter from inside the building, and some from outside the building. I have young kids and I steer away from staying at motels because of that. Being that this is called an "Inn & Suites", I assumed it was all hotel. Luckily the room we picked was part of the hotel. If you pick a suite, I believe it is part of the hotel. When making your reservation, be sure to ask if you will be in the hotel or motel, or specify if that is important to you. You would have to call them to ensure that you get what you want. This is right off the highway and close to anywhere you would need to go to in New Braunfels or Gruene. We stayed for 2 nights.

A few issues: #1 I did not see an elevator, so if for some reason you get a 2nd floor room and you are handicapped, this may be an issue for someone.
*The side door into the hotel - anyone could come in. It was not key protected. Usually any entrance but the front door is key protected.
*The door to the pool closed funny - maybe it closed very fast. It caught my Crocs and made one of the shoes break. It caught the shoe going in and out of it twice. The attendant made notice that this happens on a frequent basis. Why is that not fixed? It ruined a perfectly good pair of shoes that could have been avoided, and has likely ruined other people's shoes as well.
*The room was cleaned well. We had some blankets from the pull out bed that I would have expected to be folded by the maids that were not (making the room not look as pristine as you would think it should from being cleaned by a maid).
*The pool water was cloudy. Not sure why.
*There was too much chlorine in the water. After I took a shower, my eyes were burning, and it was not an extremely hot shower.

The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good. Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit...the usual. There was not enough room for everyone to sit and have breakfast at the times that we ate.

The lobby is decorated nicely and looks modern. There are a few computers if you need to get on the internet.

Room Tip: 1/2 hotel, 1/2 motel - specify to the attendant if you care if you are in a hotel vs. motel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this extensive review. I would like to address each of your issues separately so I can explain each one ot you. Your definition of a hotel or motel is actually incorrect. Actually a hotel, has nothing to do with being interior or exterior. A hotel, typically is an establishment that also has a restaurant and bar facilities on site. Our rooms, whether they are interior or exterior have very little difference. Each room has been decorated with new furniture as well as new TV's. However, most of our suites are located in the interior section of our building. As far as accessible rooms are concerned, these rooms are specifically located on the bottom floor to minimize needs for our special needs guests. We fully understand their needs. Thank you for addressing the pool gate. Even though I have not had any issues with this, I personally will take a look at it to make sure it is working properly as safety is our highest concern. As far as the pool being cloudy, it may have been from being used by our guests in our busy summer season right now. The pool is actually continuously filtered so our guest can enjoy the facilities during normal operating hours. Our guests safety and comfort are our top priorities, and each day we make sure every aspect of our establishment fits those needs. Thank you for staying with us, I hope to see you on your next visit to our beautiful area.

Huffman, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel was okay for the price we paid, the overall appearance was good, and the room was an ordinary room. Westayed for 2 nights, after the first night, we came back to a dirty room, the beds were not made up, the trash had not been taken out, and we had to ask for more towels. The pool and hot tub were nice, and the breakfast was good, hot waffles, scrambled eggs, and sausages, plus all the pastries and coffe you could ask for. Overall it was a good stay, but if staying for more than 1 night, request for your room to be cleaned or expect to do it yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Best Western Inn & Suites. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. It is unheard of that we do not clean rooms for everyone of our guests. Could it possibly be that you may have left a "do not disturb" card on your door ? It is only then, that a housekeeper will not enter a room to clean it. Either way, my apologies to you and your family. I assure you, everyone of our guests rooms gets cleaned every single day. Thank you for staying with us, I hope to see you on your next trip to our area.

Shailesh G. Bhakta
General MAnager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Even though it was last minute and we had never stayed here we were surprised we had a very pleasant night. Price was just right for us( 2 adults n 3 kids). Customer Service was great. Room was clean, bed was comfy even my 8 month old was very comfortable. Not a noisy hotel, free breakfast before 9:30am and close to all the places we were visiting. Thanks for a stress free stay!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this review, and thank you for staying with us at our Best Western. Everyday, we do our very best to make sure every aspect of our hotel is taken care of so our guests will have an amazing experience with us. By reading reviews like this, it makes us feel we are getting the job done. I hope to see you again very soon.

Shailesh G. Bhakta