“Better Than I Expected”

Best Western Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Milford, Texas, Usa
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have to rant and rave about this Best Western in New Braunfels Texas. What a wonderful property. We stayed there for just one night when we were visiting New Braunfels and San Antonio. We originally booked this property because we were Texas Tubing on the Comal River. It was really close to our destination. Right on I-35, so it was a hop and jump right onto the freeway to anywhere we wanted to go. After our tubing we headed to the River Walk. It was about a 32 mile trip there. Not to far.

The hotel rate is pretty low. I was expecting a little less due to the rate. But.... the property was wonderful, clean, the staff was so friendly. We booked 2 rooms both with 2 queens, non smoking and adjoining rooms. They accommodated all our requests. The rooms were clean, smelled good, beds were very comfortable, had all new appliances (fridge and micro), new tv, the carpet was clean and new, the bathrooms were clean. Hmmmmm.... can't say anything bad about the property. The continental breakfast, to me, was better than most. It included waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and a lot more than the typical continental breakfast.

I have to say.... we had so much fun down there in New Braunfels and.... with such a nice Best Western, we are definitely going again and will DEFINITELY stay on this property again. Very HAPPY Customers!!!

Room Tip: We originally requested adjoining rooms on the phone, they said they couldn't guarantee it. But...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peggy D
BestWesternNB, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with our Best Western. And thank you for this great review. Everyday, my staff and I attend to each of our guests needs. I am glad to see you were very well taken care of. We would be honored to accommodate you on your next visit to our beautiful city. Thank you again.

Bath, Ohio
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Typical best Western with an updated room--- Nice stay great price, good location-- outside a little worn down
fairly quiet for being near highway
Check in was a little later than thier stated time, but it was Memorial Day weekend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jackie H
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for this review. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. On your next stay, I would like it to be spectacular enough to get us a five star rating. Maybe we can focus more attention on your needs as a guest. Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you again real soon.

Youngsville, Louisiana
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here on May 17, 2013. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and easy to get too. The room was clean but not that new looking. The beds were comfortable and the ac worked very good. However the pool was dirty and appeared to not have been cleaned for a couple of days and the hot tub was not working and had a light green tint to the water. We did not complain because we were only there for the one night. An obvious hooker walked by our room as we were unloading our bags and ask for a cigarette by saying "cigarette" and when one of the guys in our group answered "no thanks I don't smoke" she made some kind of load comment and walked quickly away. Funny for a group of guys but maybe not so much for a family. Not much that the hotel could have done about that. The breakfast was limited and just OK. Not horrible and would stay here again but would first look for another place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for this review. I apologize for the discrepancies with our pool area during your stay with us. We had some mechanical issues with our equipment but has all been fixed and is back to normal. I am surpprised to hear you didn't think our rooms were new. Practically everything in our rooms has been replaced within the past year. We also do not cater to individuals such as "hookers" at our location, so that was kind of offensive. I hope you give us another chance to show you that our number one priority is you, our guest. Thank you for choosing our Best western, we hope to see you again soon.

Rockport, Texas, Usa
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It's very obvious that this place is "tired"---- doors don't close properly, including the room door!
Everything had fresh paint so it looked clean, but that's all.
Breakfast was a joke----cold cereal served in the lobby next to the desk. I had to step over spilled milk and cereal to check out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Robert D
BestWesternNB, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Inn & Suites of New Braunfels, TX. I would also like to thank you for your review of us on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us. Considering we have placed brand new furniture, TV's and new micro-fridges in all of our rooms, I would expect our guests to have a great experience. The entire hotel has also been repainted so that definitely gives it a nice clean and new feel. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy our new hot breakfast, with menu items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh made waffles, danishes, breads, muffins, teas, coffee, juice cereals etc. I personally would consider this a pretty decent breakfast. I offer my apologies to you if our breakfast did not live up to your standards. I hope you give us another try and stay with us on your next visit to our area. I am sure we will be able to convince you to stay with us from then on.

Shailesh G. Bhakta CHA, CHO