After reading mixed reviews, I didn't know what to expect but I left not angry so that is good.
Hotel Layout: The room I rented was a King Suite w a sofa bed and it was in the internal section of the hotel, first floor. I didn't know that was the case until I called and asked. I prefer to be interior versus outside entrance. I feel that anyone can just burst through your doors if your door is outside access to the public. Although my room was interior and I felt safer, strange that the side doors do NOT require key entry so anyone and I mean ANYONE can enter. Some reviewer said this and I thought it can't be but yes, it can and it is true. The layout of the breakfast area is very strange. The sitting area was right there in the lobby when you enter .. not tucked away in the corner, just right there to the right when you enter to check in. The side table to the right of check in which is where the walkway is .. is where breakfast will be placed. Strange. Granted, you won't have people walking in and out at breakfast time but still .. right in the hallway? The corner had TWO waffle machines which is good. Never understood places that have one. Basic breakfast which suits me just fine. I don't' expect a four star breakfast since this is not a four star hotel.
Rooms/Beds: My room was a bit bigger than standard considering it was a king suite w sofabed. We had two tvs (one in front of sofabed) and one in front of king bed. They were divided by the bathroom so it was kinda separate. The sofabed was flimsy but most are. Thin and blankets were thin (flannel .. not even a comforter). King bed was hard. Why are most beds hard in hotel rooms? Makes me love my mattress even more. Pillows were thick and bulky. How does anyone lay their heads on it. I have a hard enough time with flat pillows. I lay with my shoulders/head on the pillow. My neck hurts the usual way. Bathroom was not as new and the whole place seem dated. All items worked so no problems there for us.
Front desk: Read bad reviews on management and Britney but the girl on duty when I checked in was Bianca. She was suprisingly helpful and nice. So keep in mind not every person is bad there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Inn & Suites of New Braunfels, TX. Has recently finished an extensive renovation process and now has all the comforts of home. All rooms have micro-fridges, large flat screen TVs, as well as massaging shower heads. As if that wasn't enough, we are now also serving a hot breakfast, with eggs, meats, etc. Come see what all the excitement is about at the NEW Best Western Inn & Suites. Come stay with people who care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel New Braunfels
- Best Western Inn And Suites
- Best Western New Braunfels
- New Braunfels Best Western