“Great cinema”

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Awesome place to go watch movies while eating and drinking. And all at the same price if not cheaper than a regular theater.

1  Thank drp1878660

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Staff is great. A little expensive but the pizza is small but great. The staff is super considerate to your comfort. Usually spend $50-70 for a show, pizza, and pitcher of suds.
Obviously I can't say enough for the staff. Usually a good selection of shows and I found it very clean.

1  Thank jbaum64
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We've lived in this area and only recently found this theater. I think people keep it a secret so they don't have to share. :) We took our kids the first time and were thrilled with the cheap movie price. $5.50 per person for a matinee? Excellent! Then we ordered the food. The portions were big and the cost wasn't bad. We ended up paying more for food than for the movie, but it wasn't a big deal. We enjoyed shakes, popcorn, fries, and I got fried pickles. (Thank goodness I didn't know about them when I was expecting my kids!) We have gone back since that first time for a date night and had another great experience. I like how there are papers to write your needs/order on and a staff members picks it up and meets your need. We'll definitely be going back for more movies while we live here.

1  Thank lilyd123
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Not bad if you want to combine dinner and a movie. We just had a pizza and a beer. It is a movie theater so it's dark. If you want to see your food while you eat - this really isn't the place to eat. The wait staff was good and the food was fine - it's was a pizza after all.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I eagerly had awaited the opening of the Alamo Drafthouse in New Braunfels, but have had less than wonderful experiences there. I do enjoy the "no cell phones, no talking" atmosphere very much, but I think I will stick to just the movie from now on. My husband and I had ordered food the first time we were there, and it took forever for it to arrive, along with the mix up on our drink order. The next time I decided to order popcorn and drink, which I thought they couldn't mess up. The popcorn finally came in a cold metal bowl, with cold popcorn. The "butter" wasn't melted, but in little globs. As I was absent-mindedly eating it anyway during the movie, I suddenly found a tomato in my mouth! No more popcorn for me! The movies were good, but I'll save my snack money from now on.