“Just the movie, please”

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I eagerly had awaited the opening of the Alamo Drafthouse in New Braunfels, but have had less than wonderful experiences there. I do enjoy the "no cell phones, no talking" atmosphere very much, but I think I will stick to just the movie from now on. My husband and I had ordered food the first time we were there, and it took forever for it to arrive, along with the mix up on our drink order. The next time I decided to order popcorn and drink, which I thought they couldn't mess up. The popcorn finally came in a cold metal bowl, with cold popcorn. The "butter" wasn't melted, but in little globs. As I was absent-mindedly eating it anyway during the movie, I suddenly found a tomato in my mouth! No more popcorn for me! The movies were good, but I'll save my snack money from now on.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our first visit to an Alamo Draft House. We went in the middle of the afternoon, midweek, during school hours and had the place almost to ourselves. We had coupons from the Book of Free available in the San Antonio area that took care of admission. It is an interesting concept, with a food bar type of table in front of your seats and a waiter/waitress who gives some instruction on how to order and refill. We opted for the refillable sodas and popcorn as it wasn't meal time for us. The sodas were refreshing but the popcorn had the taste of home made slightly charred kernels. We didn't try the other food but there thought that there were ample offerings.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

So incredibly cold had to turn around and leave. Could not stand it. So disappointed . Everyone was cold ! Rubbing their arms to stay warm. Like a refrigerator. Told the cashier but they could care less . Will take a very heavy coat next time.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is fairly new in New Braunfels and it's become a great hit. The lobby is large and leads into the bar area which also has outside tables. The restrooms are clean and well lit. The prices are good and the movie selection is great, plus they show classics too. They have comfortable seat with a counter in front of each row for you drinks, snacks and meals to be served on. Good selection of soft and hard drinks, bottomless bowl of popcorn and a wide variety of single serving meals.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Comfortable seats, good eats and free refills on popcorn and drinks. No talking, texting or tweeting is allowed during the movie, unless it is a sing-along or other cult movie experience. This is a terrific value!