“True Germany in the USA!”
Review of Friesenhaus

Friesenhaus
Ranked #48 of 285 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are familiar with German food above and beyond the brautwurst and potato pancakes foods, this is the place to go. There are othr German food places in New Braunfels but this is the best by my standards. This is also the closet to what my German mom fixed for us at home. From cold marinated veggie salads to red cabbage salad on your plate, this is the real thing! We come down once a year for the Wurstfest party and eat here each time we visit. They also have take out foods as well.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

great food and beer and the owner is too funny, but i dont think he intends to be. he just lives in his own world where things are different to reality

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was sad, I thought this would be love... having worked in Germany and spent many meal in the old country ... this was just not homemade quality... I left really sad.

2  Thank globespun
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Excellent German beer selection and wonderful food. The jalapeno gravy on the scnitzel is awesome. They also have a bakery with wonderful deserts and baked goods.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

First things first.....I'm a German national so when it comes to German food, I know what it should taste like. Upon entering this German eatery you are greeted with a dark room which is abundant in old and dustry furniture. This totally screams uninviting. The deli counter at the front of the restaurant had some of the worst looking cold cuts I have seen in a few years. Nothing seemed like it was given the care to which you could call "original", in other words, it looks as if it was flown in from some mediocre deli advertising their "100% German" specialities. ....Even after this, I kept an open mind.....We were greeted by our waitress who was dressed in a traditional Dirndl. After looking thru the menu, it seemed quite overpriced. But my group of guests and I were hopeful that we would be served a meal which one could call something traditional by German standards. I orderded the Weisswurst. The only decent part of the meal was the actual weisswurst. Included in the meal was a pretzel that I could tell was just microwaved a few min prior. The waitress also proceeded to charge me an additonal 90 cents for the tiny amount of sweet mustard, when keeping in mind, is actually the type of mustard that is served with this particular type of sausage. This in addition to my meal being cold. My sister ordered the grilled trout, a $17.99 meal. The trout was also cold.Another guests plate of sauerkraut was cold, and you could tell it just came from the can .................Overall I can only give this restaurant a 1 star. The food was severely overpriced, cold and just plain old unappetizing. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. Your money is better spent somewhere else.

5  Thank Vanessa W