“HoJo Need Improvement”

Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed January 9, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
VINAY P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Schlitterbahn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I pre-booked and pre-paid for a room here for 5 days. First impression: The night attendant brought her 3 little children? to work. They were running around the lobby and corridors and kicking our luggage - cute but got irritating after a few minutes. Finally checked in and the card reader system to access the rooms were down. Attendant tried several rooms but was not able to get me in any of them. Ended up staying across the street at a Econo Lodge (good service I should add). I returned the next morning to speak to someone about getting rein-burst. The day shift attendant explained that the system has been down for several days. It would of been very helpful if the night shift attendant would have been orientated of such issue -You think?! In any case the day time attendant was not able to help me in getting my refund. She said her manager/owner was on vacation. Umm! Who is next in charge? the attended replied "I can call his nephew but he won’t be able to assist you until the boss returns" Then why mention him in the first place O_o! Luckily the purchase was pending on my credit card and I was able to cancel payment before it went through. Thank you Capitol One! "What’s in your wallet!?"

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

There were bedbugs in my bedroom and my wife had bites all over her body. We spoke with the manager and he offered us our money back for the last two nigths, they did't even help us with our reservation for those last nigths in other hotel. Bad attitude of custumer care. as I paid with creditcard, I still waiting for my money back. I know other Howard Johnson hotel alll over US and Mexico and there's a huge difference between them, I don't know how Howard Johnson risk his reputation with this Hotel at New Braunfels. I never stay in this hotel again. How can I upload pictures of those bedbugs I found in my bedroom?

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel