We have gone to the Schlitterbahn at New Braunsfels every year since it opened 33 years ago. Then there was no TV in the room, a phone or even a coffee pot. It was called Landa Resorts and the Schlitterbahn was down the road.
Best family vacation spot ever. Now my kids that I took are bringing their kids and even their kids' kids, (great grandkids).
Every year the Schlitterbahn would be adding new rides and it was fun to find the new ones. The first year they only had four "mat rides" that came down from the "castle". That castle is still there, without the mat rides but it is the symbol of all the fun we've had.
Eventually, the Schlitterbahn grew to Landa Resorts and it became Schlitterbahn Resort.
And as Paul Harvey, (who?, ask your parents), would say, "Now you know the rest of the story".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into family fun at the Resort at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas. The Resort at Schlitterbahn intermingles the world's greatest waterpark with 211 onsite accommodations. Many rooms are so close to the action you can actually step out your door and into one of our rides. For a real family-style getaway, try one of our fully equipped vacation homes located near the waterpark. You'll find everything you need for family reunions, corporate retreats, weddings or other special gatherings - from comfy sitting areas and multiple beds to full kitchens and laundry rooms. Accommodations range from standard hotel rooms with two beds to cottages, suites and townhomes. Many units have full kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Resort at Schlitterbahn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schlitterbahn Resort At New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark Hotel
- Hotel Schlitterbahn Waterpark