The Resort at Schlitterbahn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Prince Solms Inn(New Braunfels)
View Hotel
The Faust Hotel(New Braunfels)
View Hotel
The Other Place(New Braunfels)
View Hotel
Ramada New Braunfels(New Braunfels)
View Hotel
All reviewswater parkmaster blasterriverbend cabinswasser hausoriginal parkschlitterstein loftsoriginal sectionearly accesspark closesfull kitchenstaying on siteoff seasontree hauscomal riverafter hoursheated poolswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed in the 430's area of the old section and let me tell ya, it was bad! I will list the cons of the rooms and the Pros of the location. These are two separate things. The first impression when we arrived was, hmm, looks cozy and cool. Well that was the driveway into the resort. At different sections, you have parking in front of the lodging so that was good. There looked to be enough for all the guest so I didn't have a problem finding a spot. The area where my condo room was ok, until you walk up the stairways to the room. The walls where the stairs led up was splattered with dirt and looked horrible. The odor within the stairs area stenched and I can't figure what it was which is scary. Once you go up to the rooms, you see a basic table and two chairs (old metal ones) and you get one barbecue pit (bolted to the floor) in front of your room and your neighbors .. so yes, you will have to share! So one pit for every two rooms. I was upstairs and I was glad because downstairs looked even more dirtier. Pit was in dirt area and it just looks old and not taken cared of.

Inside, the carpet that was in the living room looked almost grey from all the dirt and looked like it has not been vaccumned or cleaned in a very long time ! Dining table was against the window and took up a lot of room in the living room. The next room is where the two queen beds are. Decent size room but again, the place looks so old and outdated that it was sad. The two frames on the wall was a cheap plastic frame with pictures of fall leaves. It looked like 8.99 frame/picture from wallmart. The table where the tv is inside the room was so old that the wood had white visible scratches all over it. Just overall OLD OLD OLD is all I can say. Pretty bad and I am not a picky hotel stayer. The bathroom was just as bad. Shower head did not have spraying head but just a small opening .. like the ones on your sink! When the water sprays, it sprays all over the place and it was hard! My girls were saying it hurts. Then a toilet plunger was set right next to the toilet .. with no holder or cover or bottom base. Just flat on the floor. Gross. Then next to the dress table, there was a broom and a dirt pan holder. It was not even in the closet. Oh and the closet .. had iron board and iron on the door. Inside the floor, I noticed a piece of cement was visible and it looked like they built the closet OVER the cement bump which was there when the room was build. OMG, really? This place is really bad and I don't know what else to say. The only Pros to this place is the location and the waterpark discounted fee. It is great to be able to go back and take a nap and then get up and walk to the waterpark again. It also is the best to get in an hr earlier to get in the Blastenhoff to ride the Master Blaster and the other two rides. Keep in mind, only this Blastenhoff is open early. The other two opens at 10. It was SO worth it to go in early. We waited like 5 -10 min for the Master Blaster .. when I heard it was about 3 hour wait in the summer! No way would I waste my day standing there. The ride is a rush though! Very cool. The fee for the waterpark was almost half for adult and 14 dollars cheaper for kids. So this is why I would stay again at the resort .. BUT I will not stay in the 400 area. There were some rooms near the front office that looked cool and decent but they look to only hold 2 people or so. We are either 4 or more people so I doubt we would get any of those rooms. I will definitely stay at the Treehaus Suites or Cabins next time. No more dump for me.

Oh beds were hard and woke up with lower back aches. This actually happens a lot so I can't really say this only happened at this place but still .. the beds were hard. The TRAIN can be heard in my room but somehow no one heard it when we slept. We heard it before we went to bed so maybe we were just so tired we didn't hear it .. but yes, we did hear the horns. I'm sure not as loud as the others and our rooms didn't shake, but we heard it.

Overall, do not stay here unless you can't splurge for the treehaus. I'd rather just stay there and spend more but at least I won't be grossed out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Natster396
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went to the park after Labor day weekend to hopefully avoid the crowds, and it worked. The only lines we encountered were at the top three rides, and they were not too bad. Longest wait was 45 minutes. I would recommend, going early in the season or after Labor day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We rented 5 rooms (202-206). We were shocked at the filthiness for the price we paid! Appalling that they actually charge a $50 cleaning fee which is obviously just pocketed. 1 room had 1 inch thick dust on the ceiling fan. All of the tile floors were filthy with stains. Cobwebs greeted you above the entry doors. Every corner had cobwebs & dust/dirt. Bugs & sand/dust were found in the beds on the sheets. The sheets were stained. The pillows were stained & the pillow cases looked like bodily fluid was left. The bedskirts were brown from dirt. The bath mats were dirty with grass on them like they were never cleaned. Beer bottles left on the back porch. The entire place looked like it had never been cleaned. My son pulled out a plate & it was also dirty. The TV in 1 room had a large dent as if it had been dropped, another didn't even work. The lampshade was bent. If you walked on the floor, your feet were black. A pair of men's dirty underwear were left in a drawer & food from previous guests left in the refrigerators. The entire place was beyond filthy & most importantly unsanitary especially for our kids. One room the comforter also had stains & was covered in dog hair. Human hairs were on some of the sheets. We left in the middle of the night to purchase our own sheets & blankets but then ultimately decided we could not sleep so we left at 12:30 am lugging our children the youngest which was 3 yrs old. We traveled 4 hours and are appalled at the hell we had to go thru. I cannot believe the owners who have a history of the filth at this place are allowed to continue running it. They obviously do not go out & check the maintenance of these rooms, or they just don't care. Lesson learned. Do not dare waste your money on this place. Such a disappointment.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank anonymous7211
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place doesn't even deserve one star. Very disgusting. The rooms had bugs in the beds and around the room, bodily fluids were on the bed sheets and pillows, hair was all over the place, dog hair was also on the bed, the towels were discolored as if they used them to clean with, and when I pulled back the sheets there was dust. Very disgusting place to stay, I would rather stay in a Motel 6. The funny thing is that when you leave they want to charge you a $50 CLEANING FEE. Haha, to clean what? Well basically the place is horrible and not a place to consider on your trip to New Braunfels.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kylie M
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Rented a house directly across the street from "Old" Schlitterbahn; was a private home at some point then converted into a Multi room resort room. Everything is a bit worn (reminded me of what a frat house might look like), but it was all clean.

- Functional kitchen, three bedrooms and a pullout sofa (5 beds total, including one queen, one king).
- Private parking, no garage.
- Housekeeping service available on request.
- TV's in every room.
- Central A/C.
- Closest you can get for a Multi room dwelling next to entrance to water park.
- Bring food or beverages as after the resort closes, there isn't anything open that is close to the room.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends