I recently spent a weekend at Schlitterbahn with extended family. We stayed in Mulberry Haus, which is room 470. We had 7 adults, 1 teen, and 2 small children for the weekend. The house worked out well for our group.
The house is outside the original part of Schlitterbahn about a block from the entrance. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a full kitchen, living room, and a very nice back deck and grill. One bedroom has a single king-sized bed and the other two bedrooms each have 2 queen beds. There is a full-sized sofa bed in the living room. The room with the king bed has a bathroom with a shower. The second bathroom is between the two room with queen beds. It has a shower/tub combo. There is also a washer and dryer in the house.
The house was clean although there were some scuff marks on the furniture and stains on the carpet. Scuffs and stains are expected for a house that gets used by guests most days of the year. There wasn’t any mold or musty smells. It is still early in the summer fun season so the house may show more signs of wear by the end of summer.
The kitchen is well equipped with plates, glasses, silverware, and basic cooking utensils. There is a full-sized fridge, 4-burner electric stove top, oven, dishwasher, and microwave. The freezer has an ice maker and there was a coffee maker and toaster.
A maid came by both days we were there to straighten, make beds, dump trash, and change the towels. We went through a lot of towels since everyone wanted to shower after a day of water play. The bathrooms came with small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, and lotion and bars of soap. The bottles were replenished as they were used.
We took advantage of the discounted Schlitterbahn tickets and early opening time for the Blastenhoff section. It seemed like everyone else did also. Lines got long quickly and it took us about 45 minutes one day and 30 minutes another to get on Master Blaster. I’m sure the lines were worse once the park opened to the general public. We only rode Master Blaster once each day. Wolf Pack also had extremely long lines even early.
There were a few downsides. The house is close to train tracks so we could hear train whistles inside the house. It wasn’t horribly noisy but light sleepers may want to bring ear plugs. The beds are very firm so people used to memory foam or pillow top mattresses may have problems sleeping. The mattress for the sofa is very thin so the support bars can be felt through the mattress. There weren’t any hangers in the closet. Fortunately we brought a few of our own. I tried to use the WIFI but the signal was weak. Many times I lost signal completely. We shared a parking area with the house next door. There were enough spaces for 3 vehicles for each house. We had 3 vehicles for our group but the neighbors had 6. Rather than park on the street, they would block the entire driveway so we couldn't get out.
The house is a long walk from the office and other resort amenities, such as the pools that are open after the park closes. We didn’t go to the after-hours pools so I don’t know how they are. There are shuttles that run between two Schiltterbahn parks. However, the pick-up area for resort guests is by the office. We decided to drive or walk between the parks rather than take the shuttle.
Overall, the house was very nice for our group and we would stay there again. People expecting a resort with fitness center, spa, restaurants, etc. would be disappointed. It's definitely a family-oriented place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into family fun at the Resort at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas. The Resort at Schlitterbahn intermingles the world's greatest waterpark with 211 onsite accommodations. Many rooms are so close to the action you can actually step out your door and into one of our rides. For a real family-style getaway, try one of our fully equipped vacation homes located near the waterpark. You'll find everything you need for family reunions, corporate retreats, weddings or other special gatherings - from comfy sitting areas and multiple beds to full kitchens and laundry rooms. Accommodations range from standard hotel rooms with two beds to cottages, suites and townhomes. Many units have full kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Resort at Schlitterbahn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schlitterbahn Resort At New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark Hotel
- Hotel Schlitterbahn Waterpark