“Average”

Cuisines: Mexican
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch which was good; soup and soft chicken taco. Decided to try dinner two nights later which was a disappointment. Taco salad was all lettuce and Margarita's were ordinary. The live music (duo on guitar and organ) was poor and a distraction, every song sounded the same and the words were incomprehensible. Don't think I will be coming back next time I am in the area and will not be trying their Houston locations

Visited October 2013

Granbury, Texas, United States
“Good tex mex”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to Los Cucos post tube excursion, which was an excellent decision. It was a Sunday night, about 8pm when we got there. It was pretty busy and noisy in there, but we were a bit noisy ourselves. We were seated pretty quickly and greeted with drink orders and chips and salsa. They also served green salsa that was pretty damn good and were very on top of refilling everything.

It took quite a bit to get our drinks out, but after they came out the service went very smoothly. I ordered a top shelf margarita on the rocks. This margarita is why I have docked this restaurant down from 5 stars to 4. I manage a bar back home on the lake, where we are constantly trying to offer new, fresh, cocktails. Our specialty is margaritas, so I'm kind of a snot about it, however I am totally understanding of anything sub par. This margarita, however, was just disgusting. I think they could really do a lot with the bar at that place if they wanted to. It just tasted like salt, tequila and really syrupy sweet and sour. I began to wonder if they even used triple sec. I tried my very best to stomach through it, my boyfriend having ordered the same thing felt the same as I did. I asked our very sweet young waiter ROBERTO if he would be so kind to bring me a rocks glass with some orange juice to try to make the rita stomach-able, I was unsuccessful. Soooo yeah, I would recommend sticking to beer. The mixing was bad, as was the mixer quality they offered.

Aside from that, everything was awesome for a high capacity tex mex joint! Our table side guacamole which our waiter whipped up was fresh and delicious, but I have to say my favorite thing we ordered that evening was the Queso Flameado. It came in a fajitas skillet and was literally melted cheese. Like, the good stuff. Not a glob of concession stand, suspiciously orange plastic. I think it was Monterey jack cheese they used. Anyway, the melted in some pico de gallo, cilantro, and big chunks of fajita steak. (Served with tortillas and grilled onions) Needless to say that with a group of people that were just on the river all day, it was gone in a matter of minutes.

After that our dinner had arrived. We ordered the special they had advertised on the board at the entrance. A fajita plate. (we ordered the Poblano fajitas, as recommended by our waiter. I've never seen "fajita flavors". They offered three different varieties.) Our fajitas arrived with warm, FRESH, flour tortillas, rice, beans, 2 cheese enchiladas, and jalapeno sausage. Oh my god, it was so much food. I think the portions are a little excessive, but I do find it considerate of them since they are mainly entertaining hungry, tired tubers.

I would definitely say this would be the spot to go after a long float. Ask for Roberto.

• Visited July 2013
Alabaster, Alabama
“Large Portions and reasonable prices”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The restaurant has a large menu of Mexican dishes that are reasonably priced and the food is very good. It is festively decorated. They have the most unique salsa, it is warm and they also serve a creamy guacamole dip. It's worth the trip for dinner.

Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Shame on me”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A few months back we came here 10 minutes before closing time and were turned away. This time we checked the website and it said on Saturdays they closed at 11pm. Got there at 10 pm and were told they were closed. Pased several places that were open on the way here only to see they were closed after we had left Cucos.

• Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Go right on past this one!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch with family from out of state and were severely disappointed! The food tasted horrible and was visually unappealing. Go the extra distance to Mamacitas if you're looking for decent Mexican food.

• Visited February 2013