“A nice alternative to Pure Tex Mex Cuisine”

Casa Garcias Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #123 of 263 Restaurants in New Braunfels
HILL COUNTRY, TXAS
“A nice alternative to Pure Tex Mex Cuisine”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

First off -executive chef Agnon is the son of my kindergarten "Love". -But no,..I am in no way biased.
Menudo is excellent. If you tell them beforehand -you can get authentic nachos (cheese and jalepeno only). Flour tortillas are the best in town. Service is excellent.
I Refuse to patronize a restaurant / bar that uses bottled, pre-mix Bloody Marys. We leaped that hurdle - if you request it,..they will make a super Bloody Mary using Clamato. The place is open and sunny -always a crowd. They are doing something right!

• Visited February 2014

“VERY, VERY GOOD”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Good menu choices, great salsa (just a little on the hot side we Texans like). Portions are just shy of plentiful, but satisfying none-the-less. And one thing to note. I haven't in all my years (almost 60) ever been to a Mexican restaurant that includes a spoon (except for the long tea mixing spoon) with the silverware. I have often sat and wondered how I was gonna eat my rice without mixing it with my refried beans and how in the world I was going to serve myself the salsa without just pouring it out of the bowl. Well they actually include a spoon. Its not a big thing, but certainly about the details. And they got it just right for me.

• Visited January 2014