“Comfortable hotel close to Interstate”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Recently refurbished. Small lobby area. Booked via Hotwire who rate it 3* but in practice it is 2.5*. Clean room with microwave & fridge. Very comfortable bed.
Small pool. Small breakfast room which will be a problem when hotel is full. Good free breakfast with usual cereals, yoghurts, fruits etc. Two hot items also available (sausage & scrambled eggs.
Friendly check in staff. Minor problem in bathroom sorted out quickly by maintenance staff. Situated on busy intersection on highway 46 close to I35.
We had a ground floor front room and the noise from I35 could be heard in the room. Access to hotel is close to busy intersection and is awkward at times.
I would think twice about staying here again due to access and road noise.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gerardty

Reviewed September 15, 2010

This was wonderful. After our previous night at LaQuinta, Boerne, TX, this was a welcome treat. Staff were friendly and went out of their way to help. Breakfast and coffee wonderful. Bed extreamly comfortable, room clean, comfortable and roomy. I will make it a point to always stay here. Beth at the desk was wonderful and so were the housekeeping staff. We travel with our dogs, and they were welcomed. This property is definately a plus for the La Quinta Chain.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terik
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We had an extended stay at La Q. and were treated like family, even our dog enjoyed herself. Clean, friendly, good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lazytoo
Reviewed August 1, 2010

For the price and location, this hotel was acceptable. It says 'newly remodeled' and it looks it. My only complaint would be that a non-smoking hotel had rooms that had CLEARLY been smoked in. Woke up on the 2nd day with a stuffy nose and sore throat. Told front desk and they were apologetic but I had to air our my things when I got home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Love LaQuinta, in the fact that they have redone a lot of their rooms to be more modern, and are pet friendly. Bed was comfy and it was quiet once in our room. Their breakfasts are horrible. I would rather pay a little less and have no breakfast provided, or a few dollars more and have a full service breakfast. This LQ was next to a very shabby motel, and shared the same driveway. Entry to parking lot is difficult. A little too removed from the entertainment area. Way too pricey for the location. Pool was dirty (green).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed here with all the families of a teenage softball team (13-15 yr old). The first night, we sat in the lobby enjoying a few beers as stragglers arrived late from Houston. The girl working the desk spent most of her time in a cubbyhole texting until her toddler and boyfriend arrived with 2 other guests; all three adult visitors of the clerk had beers in hand, and proceeded to take our seats on the couch in the lobby when we got up to help unload luggage. The next day, the day shift and 3-11 clerks were loudly complaining to each other about how the night clerk doesn't clean anything. When I asked to use the conference room for a team meeting, I was refused because they would have to move all of the extra furniture around. When we learned we would have early games, we asked if we could get some form of breakfast 30 minutes early so our girls could eat on the way to the field; we were refused. As the travel coordinator for a team that spends up to 20 nights a year on the road (20 nights X 13 families+ a lot of money), I'm accustomed to a lot more professionalism and hospitality than what I ran into here. The rooms were fine and clean, but the manager needs to clean house with his staff.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My girlfriend and I headed to New Braunfels for Memorial Weekend and I found a great deal on a travel site for the La Quinta. We ususally stay at the Rodeway Inn (out of tradition), which is not a great place, and decided to step it up in quality this time around. We were looking for a nice, no frills, comfortable place to stay, and La Quinta met all our needs. The hotel is located right off of 46, so easy access to I-35 and only a few minutes from The Schlitterbahn, Comal and Guad Rivers, and Gruene. La Quinta allows pets, offers a free (limited) continental buffett, has microwaves and refridgerators in room and friendly staff. In the parking lot is a Chili's if you get hungry and a gas station should you need to get anything to drink or munch on.

The only con's I have for this hotel are that the beds were a bid harder than what I like and the view for rooms on the back side of the hotel look into a really shabby apartment complex/motel.

Overall this location of the La Quinta met our needs and I would stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple