“Great spot!”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Houston, Texas
“Great spot!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Centrally located between Austin and San Antonio, I have passed this LaQuinta property many times but this was my first stay here. With every stay at each LaQuinta I am more impressed. The room here was just as nice as the place I stayed at in San Antonio the night before (not a LaQuinta property) and was $112 less. Rooms were spotless, staff was friendly, check-in and out were a breeze. About the only negative is the property right next door--too bad LaQuinta can't buy them out and raze that place. But everything here was spot on perfect. As a frequent visitor to New Braunfels, this will be my go-to place from here on out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hepnrjo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

good location surrounded by many restaurants, service was good, free breakfast n pets friendly! clean n vaulted ceiling in room... computer room, gym, pool was in good clean condition. a very nice stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is great hotel to stay at. You this hotel is mainly busy in the summer when Schlitterbahn is open. It is a great cheep place to stay at during the summer months. The people there are really nice and the location is amazing. The breakfast is good here and the best thing to get for breakfast is their waffles. This is a great place to stay, and I recommend you staying here is you are going to Schlitterbahn. P.S. The other hotels around this one are really worn down and ugly.

Room Tip: The suites are a great size and the rooms on the left side of the hall are quieter because of the in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Tx
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As a Returns Elite member, I am loyal to LQ. But I've had issues at other locations. This one, however, had superb customer service across the board. From management to housekeeping. Everything was spotless. We were in a suite, and the sofa bed was broken. One front desk member offered to go home and get her personal mattress bed to bring up for my girls. How nice was that?! We wound up using two of the rollaways that made a perfect bed. Breakfast was fine (except the lady that wanted to complain about everything regardless). They kept hot coffee and tea ready in the lobby 24 hours a day, there was a visibility about the staff and willingness to accommodate. I have nothing but high praise for everyone there and for the facility itself. It's very conveniently located (the entry is a bit tricky) to lots of food. If you have kids, it's right next door to a really nice Peter Piper Pizza.. prepare yourself to go there! We will absolutely stay here again. And again. Nice going, LQ.

Room Tip: We were in a two room suite (Room 202). Close to stairway and machines, but you couldn't hear an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Tx.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have never been steered wrong while visiting a LaQuinta, so I chose to pay MORE $ to stay here. Usually the cleanliness is worth the extra $......not here. I read the reviews prior to making reservations and its #5 out of 29, I would hate to see what #'s 6-29 are like. We experienced the same issues as many others that have rated this location low. Bed too hard. Microwave dirty. Towels dingy and stained to the point I would not use the wash rags AT ALL, and only one towel from the entire supply. When I told the very young front desk clerk about the towels her response was "sorry". Elevator didn't sound like it was going to make it between the three floors, we used the stairs. Ten feet out our window was what we thought to be an abandoned crack house looking motel. Doors open, ceilings falling down. Made us feel very unsafe, especially for our cars outside. And the carpet definitely needed cleaning. LOVE the town, not the LaQuinta.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sweetp7777

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed one night and were impressed by the hotel and staff. I am a La Quinta Rewards member and this is one of the nicest la Quintas that I have stayed at. We stayed in the executive suite and were pleased by how modern and immaculately clean the room was. The parking was well lit and safe, and we were within walking distance of several restaurants to include a Chili's restaurant. The breakfast was standard hotel fare but did include hot items. I highly recommend the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2013

this place was empty and they charged me A 126.00 dollars a night, except one night was 129.00. I will never stay their again. The nighttimes where real nice...the day clerk was hoorible. Never once did anybody change our sheets or ask us if we need clean towels. We had to take out our own trash. I think I need a big refund. I been an elite member for a long time and never have I been soooo diappointed. I spent almost $700.00 dollars their and I never will again. We stayed at a LaQuinta Inn in Las Vegas on our trip and it was 64.99 for one night and the hole staff was great. I just was so upset because we were there to see our daughter and meet our grandson and spend Christmas with them. I promise never again will we stay there and I hope the Owner of this company will see this and refund at least part of my money. Barbara Jedlicka

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family