All reviewsparking loteggs and sausageroom was cleanfirst floorplace to staydecent hotelstaying at this hotelfree breakfastthe breakfast areafront desk staffeasy accessnice staysan marcoshot tubpetsschlitterbahnhighway
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is the 4th timenwe have stayed in this hotel and it was as it has been in the past a terrific experience. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating! The breakfast is a great start to the day, the food varies so if you are staying for a few days you can have something different each morning. The hotel is still new and looks brand new still all the rooms are very nicely decorated and clean. We stayed in a two room suite this time which was perfect for family travel we had the kids with their own tv on the pull out couch and us in the king room.
We often choose La Quinta because they are so welcoming of our dogs, we have two large (well-behaved) dogs we often travel with, and La Quinta makes it so easy, no questions asked only staff wanting to pet our gentle giants.
The location is awesome too for many of the attractions in the area, just down the road a couple miles from Greune, Schlitterbahn and many restaurants. Also chilis is located right across the parking lot by the hotel so if after a long day being a tourist you want something familiar it is right there.

Room Tip: The two room suites are nice if you want a bit more space!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We originally started out our trip camping but after a long hard day on the river we knew we needed to get a room for Saturday night. We called La Quinta as we were packing up our stuff and we got their last room available. The girl was very helpful at the front once we checked in but she was overly talkative to the point so much where I was ready to just walk away. There is a HUGE difference in friendly customer service and talking our ears off. The only other thing that I did not like about this hotel was it was difficult to get to. Other than that it was fine. The room was clean, the AC worked well, it didnt smell horrible, it was perfect for what we needed... a good nights rest.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was not expecting to stay in. 5-star hotel when I found out I would be staying at a La Quinta, but I was expecting a level of service and quality that would meet average standards. At first, things seemed fine. The room was clean, the AC worked, and the linens and towels were clean.

But the location of the hotel isn't ideal- it is awkwardly located on the side of the interstate behind a Chain restaurant, a gas station, and is located right next to a really creepy hotel that I wouldn't even walk by without a can of mace. The hotel next door is just gross and depressing. It hasn't been condemned or anything, but it looks scary. Perhaps that's why the staff at La Quinta decided on the nice chain-link fence to guard their pool? It adds a certain ambience to the place, which I would describe as "I'm too cheap to put up a nice, painted fence so I'm just going to use this instead".

Fail. In my history of staying at hotels, I've only complained once in my life (prior to now) to the hotel staff, and that was at a disgusting hotel
In Pennsylvania that had dark brown stains on the bed linens. So im not high maintenance. A couple of days after i got here, i called the staff to complain about bugs in the room waking me up every night at about 2 am. The staff associate i spoke to was very sympathetic and nice about it, but was not empowered with the knowledge or experience necessary to fix my problem. Woke up the third night, called the main desk, then looked over and saw a bug on my pillow. Killed it, and can still hear another one. Would never stay here again in my life.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here last month for a 1 night business trip. Staff was very friendly at check in and gave me a large room with sitting area at the State rate. Furnishings appeared new and everything worked well. Bed was comfy. Only drawback is the elevator is small and slow. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in New Braunfels.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business