“Good Stay”

Red Roof Inn New Braunfels
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed August 18, 2009

After reading the other reviews, I was hesitant to book at Red Roof in New Braunfels. But because of the good price and location, I decided to give it a try. This hotel meets basic needs and the staff was very friendly. The guy at the front desk suggested places to visit that were in walking distance, and he was generally helpful.

The room was okay. We did notice that almost EVERYTHING in the room was bolted in, so it is possible they have a problem with guests stealing things. Overall the hotel seemed safe. No shady people around and the other guests seemed to be families with children. Red Roof also has security surveillance cameras.

The internet was slow but at least it worked. The free breakfast was extremely limited . I only noticed cereal and a few bread type items--no healthy items such as bananas or yogurt were offered.

I would book here again if I just need a place for a night or two. If you are wanting more creature comforts, you should probably book somewhere else. My boyfriend and I did like the fact that there are a lot of businesses within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank breezewayfarm

Reviewed June 26, 2009

we had 15 family members with 3 rooms during our vacation. unfortunately, this motel was an awful mistake that will NEVER happen again. we were excited about getting the motel since we all would be able to get a room in it. however, staying 4 nights, there were a couple that we had to beg for extra bedding since we had several children in our room that had to sleep on the floors, therefore, needing their own bedding. they assured me the extra kids in each room were not a problem, but yet, why wouldnt they accomadate their sleeping arrangements? did they expect all of us to fit on 2 beds?!? they also told us that their motel was so full during our stay so we couldnt have rooms beside each other. again, where were all the cars if they were so full?? Of the 15 family members we had, 9 of them were children. The kids, as well as adults, were excited about being in the pool being it was so hot outside. When the last day came, 7 of those kids were complaining about their ears hurting them bad, to the point they were in tears!! We called the doctor and took all the kids to their appointments to find that each and every one of them had inner and outer ear infections. My sister called the office to find that they denied everything saying their pool was just like it should be and everything was ok. You tell me that after 7 doctor bills, ear drops for each one of them ranging from copays of $75.00-$130.00 each that their pool is ok!! They refused to give us a number to someone of higher authority saying there was noone higher, (another lie!). So, was our stay good, of course not! and dont let them tell u on the phone when making reservations that they have microwaves and frig in the rooms because they dont! their microwave and frig i guess r in what they call a wonderful continental breakfast, which it was far from being. If you have children, heck, even if you dont, i would NOT recommend letting the kids or adults go into their pool, unless you want to hear your children cry from ear infections later!! and another complaint, they claim they have free wireless internet, i have to laugh at this. if you have the patience to wait an hour for a page to load, or keep having to reconnect, then yes, they do have it, otherwise, no.....it was far from any hotels internet i have ever used before!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank OklahomaMomof3boys
Reviewed February 17, 2009

OK - clean room, LOW price, no problems. Not great, not bad - would stay here again if passing through for the night.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed July 18, 2008

The Red Roof Inn in New Braunfels is the worst hotel I have stayed in. The carpet as you walk the halways ahs black spots on the multi colored carpet. The hallway smells like a wet dog. You will be able to smell the order as soon as you open the front doors as you check in. I asked the manager if I could cancel my reservations and the manager would not. Please be carful before you make reservations at this hotel. I was charged 189.00 dollars per night because I made a two reservations.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Samson111
Reviewed June 10, 2008

My family and I planned a trip to New Braunfels for the 4th of July (2008) weekend. I made the reservation in May of 2008 and spoke to a young lady at the hotel. She said she needed my CC# to hold the room, I told her not to put anything on my card because I would be paying cash when I arrived. I asked her about getting 9 more rooms before June 10 2008 for the weekend of the 4th as well.She assured me she would have the rooms. On June 10th I called to make the reservations for the 9 rooms only to find out that she booked me for June 3rd not July 3-5 and had charged my cc for the room. In doing this, it put an overcharge to my account due to the fact it was in between pay days and we were not expecting this charge. Like most people, I have to count every penny. I spoke to the manager and was told that even though it was their mistake they could only refund the cost of the room and not the overdraft fee. I chose to book all 10 rooms at another hotel for fear of this happening again or worse to someone in my family.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank thetraveler2222
Reviewed May 25, 2007

My husband and I live/work in Africa and recently took a trip that combined two countries and three states so we wanted a place that was inexpensive but clean while we had appointments in San Antonio. We chose the Red Roof Inn New Braunfels -- big mistake!

The hotel is located right off of the interstate so there's lots of traffic noise. If you have to stay there, request a room at the back of the hotel. Additionally, the front side rooms face a used car lot and they blast music during their entire business day. The air conditioner in the room was extremely loud. We stayed at the hotel for four days and two of those days housekeeping did not clean our room. That was not enough, the room had roaches! They offer a fairly disgusting continental breakfast. Fortunately, we spent most of the days outside of the hotel.

They are close to several fast food restaurants. There's a Mamacita's Mexican restaurant down the street but you'd do much better to drive to San Antonio and visit the one there.

I would not stay at this disgusting hotel again if it were free and I would not recommend it to anyone...even folks I dont' like.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iflyforfun
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We stayed at a Red Roof for the first time. Office was not very friendly. No towels or pillows in the room, had to call. Mystery black oil in the tub, couldn't rinse out. Loud partiers in the pool. Mold and mildew in the bathroom. Patched carpet. This was a property that was advertised as newly remodeled. Way over priced for the quality. We stayed here because our first choices were booked. I now understand why. I contacted customer service, with difficulty. They weren't very helpful. They said they would tell the manager. It has been a month and a half since we stayed and I haven't heard back from them. So much for the you'll love our rooms or it is free quarantee. Only at the last resort stay here.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple