“Awesome little gem”

Mc Bee's Barbeque
Ranked #61 of 285 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My family and I were hungry for BBQ, and we were tired of the branded places. This was such a great find, very authentic, great people working the counters, perfect location. We tried all the meat selections they had, totally worth getting the all you can eat spare ribs plate. Full large portions, I don't think too many people will eat more than two plates, with the generous portions.

Since we are new to the area, we will be back again for sure.

Great meal...

1  Thank Kellen007

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been trying Texas BBQ ever since I moved to TX trying to find the best. I had settled for Coopers because of their Rib eye and Baked potato, but when I had some visitors 2 weeks ago, I hopped on the next to see what was local and good and found Mc Bee's. When I arrived at around 5PM, it smelled wonderful. I talked with the lady at the front for a few minutes because I did not want to disappoint my guests, but when she said they smoked their meats for a full 24 hours, I had to jump. The moist brisket had more flavor then any brisket I had ever had, and the smoke was easy to taste in every bite. The BBQ sauce was good, but not very needed, and the lemon tea was excellent as well. The Ribs and sausage were good, but the star was the brisket. Going back tonight.

4  Thank Trent H
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have lived in NB for years and have tried every bbq place in town. McBees has the best. The smoked flavoring is the best. Service is great.

3  Thank nbmom38
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is an old timey bbq restaurant just of the beaten path. They have a variety of great all american bbq items and their sweet tea with lemon is to die for!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The experts are here baby back done right..not like Applebee's who boil there ribs..people who know great BBQ know how to properly cook ribs..and there baby backs are as good as it gets..out of all the BBQ places in new braunfels,tx this one is we're I go for RIBS..p.s they only do the baby backs on Thursday ..

1  Thank Dani V