“Special Meal”

Huisache Grill and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I really enjoyed my meals at Huisache. I went to lunch with some ladies and we all had a great meal. I love their sour dough bread and the tortilla soup was delicious. I had their beef tenderloins for dinner and they were so tender and the sauces were delicious for dipping them. I loved both lunch and dinner. Can't wait to try more items.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Everything is fresh and outstanding. The sauces are too die for. The beef medallions are superb. The duck was cooked perfectly. Salads very fresh.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Wow the shrimp cakes are so good if I ever get to come back here that's all I will order! My husband had the grill sampler and loved every bite! I had the pork loin medellions very tasty! No room for dessert will just have to try and go again!

1  Thank Tammi L
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Its a Nice little spot, a little hidden I would say, but absolutely loved it. The food is excellent! And the staff is very friendly. Only thing I would suggest is wait for a table inside!!! My boyfriend and I chose to avoid the hour wait for a table, and chose to get a table in the patio, and we were not able to enjoy our delicious meal, the reason, flies, so many flies around all the tables outside, half way through our meal we asked if we could please get a table inside or seat at the bar, they were promp to get us a spot at the bar. So again summer time, wait for a table inside, and enjoy this excellent spot!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have had lunch at the Huisache Grill many times, but never dinner. I found myself in the area around dinner time and thought I would give it a try and I was glad I did!

At first, there seemed to be some confusion at the hostess stand, but they finally got it together and found me a seat. Service was attentive but not obtrusive, some might find it a bit slow, but it was in line with my desires that night as I was in no real hurry.

I started with the broiled spinach and artichoke dip. It was excellent. I requested that they swap out the white toast for whole wheat toast and they accommodated this with no problem. They didn't even seem to think that was a very odd request.

While I was still trying to figure out an entree, I had a cup of the tortilla soup as I like to try this everywhere I go. It was very good. . a little different, but in a good way for sure. A bowl of this and one of their amazing sandwiches would make for a great lunch.

I couldn't make up my mind on an entree since everything on the menu looked so good and I wasn't going to have a sandwich as that is what I always get for lunch when I have eaten there in the past (and they are wonderful). I finally settled on the "Mix and Match combo" where you can pick two items from beef filet medallions with horseradish Dijon sauce, duck breast, quail or 3 large shrimp with fresh basil butter. I went with the beef medallions and shrimp. The sauces were served on the side which I always appreciate. The horseradish Dijon sauce was HOT. . and it was GREAT. . I couldn't get enough. This was served with new potatoes and a vegetable medley. I substituted sweet potato wedges for the new potatoes ($1 charge).

They offer a decaf raspberry herbal iced tea which is delicious. I think I embarrassed myself by how many glasses I had and my waitress even fixed me one "to go". Now that is what I call service.

Appetizer, soup, entree and lots of iced tea $39 including tip.

1  Thank Tom Y