“A gem!”

Huisache Grill and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 263 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Massachusetts, USA
“A gem!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

On vacation from MA this place was highly recommended by the locals, and it didn't disappoint. Went for lunch and had the tri-salad sampler, which was exquisite with a small bottle of a sparking white. They are multi-year recipients of Wine Spectator recognition. We went back again for the wine bar, and enjoyed a great Tempranillo from Argentina, at half price on a Monday night. We also loved our appetizers and meal. Great, creative American food. Wish it was in MA!

1 Thank Sooz830

Converse, Texas
“Cozy and always good food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been to the Huisache many times over the years and have yet to have bad food or service. Love the atmosphere and when the train goes by it only adds to it. The fact that it is kind of secluded in it's location only adds to it's charm, but i do wish they would have some sort of sign on main street indicating where it is. Whenever I meet new people I always make it a point to tell them to go to New Braunfels and experience the Huisache. My only regret is that it is not closer to San Antonio but it's worth the drive to go there. I once had the pleasure of meeting the owners and they are very nice people.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank arlyn1
Cibolo, Texas
“My favorite restaurant in NB”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Everything is made from scratch, and is absolutely delicious. The food takes a little longer than most places but you should expect that from a chef instead of a speed kitchen. Great food and service but without the crazy high prices

1 Thank Greg G
Allen, TX
“Great food, no customer service”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's funny how bad customer service can turn an evening around. I was told that if I called the day of for a larger party (8 people), that the restaurant staff would plan ahead accordingly. Well not true. Upon arrival we were told 30 minute wait - so I am thinking not bad. An hour and 20 minutes later, still waiting on a table. We had ordered an appetizer while we waited, then had to go find out why we didn't get it 30 minutes later. Hostess uncaring and rude. We basically had to start complaining to even get seated. After that, the service was poor. Other tables seated after us were served well before us and they had even turned the table over to a new party. The food was good. I mean really good. If you don't care about any customer service and great food - this is your place. I, however, will be marking it off my list of places to go again.

• Visited September 2013
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
“Top of the list for New Braunfels restaurants”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Huisache is a superb dining experience. Food is always excellent and unique. The atmosphere is warm and inviting for guests. This place has a great bar, nice wine list and well-trained wait staff. You may have to wait for a seat on busy evenings, but it's worth the wait. Have a drink in the nice "back yard" while you wait.