“Great experience”

Huisache Grill and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great variety of food options. Range from salads and burgers to quail and duck. Casual but classy dining at it's best. Beautiful ambiance. Great customer service.

1  Thank Alicia F

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Our first stop in New Braunfels -- for lunch -- on our first time in town. We want to stay for dinner, too, but there's much to see and do here. Jonathan the waiter was superb, the food outstanding and the place was as unpretentious yet sophisticated as one would hope. We were 11, with half-a-dozen kids, and all uniformly enjoyed the food, service and milieu, relative to which the bill wasn't a shocker. Highly recommended for quiet couples or boisterous family tables such as ours.

PS The Hot and Crunchy Trout was amazing, so, too, the Chicken Fried Steak and the Salmon Burger.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I went here looking for a place to have lunch while we were walking around New Braunfels. The food was good and there were a reasonable number of options. The atmosphere is nice and the staff was friendly. My wife very much enjoyed her meal, I though mine was decent. I wouldn't rate it my top choice of restaurants in New Braunfels, however I would go back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have eaten here for over 15 years and haven't had a less than satisfactory experience with either food or service in that time. When no one else in New Braunfels had anything but fried or bad Mexican, Huisache came along and blew them all out of the water.

1  Thank stamper1045
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A friend and I had Sunday lunch there. We both had the blackened catfish with sweet potato wedges and green beans, with either soup (chicken tortilla) or salad all for $13.95! The catfish was moist, tender, and had no bones, and was full of flavour. The soup was almost a meal in itself -- it was that laden with goodies. Also included in the price was a hot sourdough bread roll. Our server -- John -- was excellent: attentive without being pushy.

The only issue I had was finding the place -- it's tucked in behind other buildings and there's no obvious signage. It's well worth hunting out, though!

2  Thank Rhonda B