“Very good menu selections, good drinks. Atmosphere is nice and staff is pleasant.”

Mamacita's Restaurant-Cantina

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Houston, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We have dined at the Kerrville and Fr'burg locations many times and always enjoyed the food. This was our first time at this location and our whole group (6 adults) was very unimpressed. My Tacos Al Carbon was good but the rice was tasteless and the refried beans were absolutely the worst I have ever had. How can you mess up refried beans? They had a strange consistency and bad after-taste. Two of our party ordered tortilla soup and neither liked it. One had all broth, no veggies, and very little chicken. The other was loaded with chicken but no veggies.

The tortillas and salsa were however good as always.

We will not return to this location.

1 Thank TexItalian
Tampa, Florida
“Good, but there is probably better in the area.”
Reviewed January 9, 2008

This is an interesting Tex-Mex restaurant which is quite popular. The decor is attractive and the service is good.

During the time I was waiting for a table I was invited to sit in the lounge area with free chips and salsa.

For my meal I enjoyed a variety plate containing tamales, tortillas, tacos, rice and refried beans.

The tamale was the best tasting that I have had in the San Antonio area, being somewhat coarse and with a strong corn flavor and a generous meat center.

The refried beans were a disappointment, being of a consistency that appeared to have been run through a blender on the puree setting. The rice was somewhat dry and tasteless.

I'm sure there are better sources for Tex-Mex food in the area, but I haven't had an opportunity to visit them yet.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've had better at many...”
Reviewed January 7, 2008

I've had better at many other places.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Katy, TX
“Great atmosphere, Great food!”
Reviewed June 14, 2007

If you enjoy a restaurant that makes you feel as though you have walked into an authentic Mexican cantina, then be sure to stop by Mamacita's in New Braunfels. The atmosphere is great and our entire family enjoys the food. From homemade, hot tortillas to sizzling fajitas, this restaurant caters to all who love Mexican food.