“The BBQ You've Come to Love”
Review of Rudy's

Rudy's
Ranked #13 of 262 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bar-B-Q was added to the operation in 1989, and Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q has been serving up tasty food ever since. The same original recipes that built Rudy's Leon Springs' reputation are now available throughout the Southwest.
Lebanon, Ohio
“The BBQ You've Come to Love”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stopped by on our way out of town for the made to order breakfast tacos.

This Rudy's has all the food you have come to love from the Rudy's chain.

I can't saying anything more about this place besides it is the exact quality we've all come to expect from Rudy's.

• Visited December 2013

Katy, Texas
“Good BBQ at reasonable prices”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was slightly skeptical about buying BBQ at a gas station, but my first taste convinced me I made the right choice. Prices are slightly high but the food is served hot and tasty.

• Visited March 2014
Iowa City, IA
“Creamed Corn to Die For!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved Rudy's brisket and smoked turkey, but the highlight is their killer creamed corn. I'm kind of glad I don't live in the area because I think I have an addiction to that corn!

• Visited May 2014
“Great first impression!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Having not eaten Texas style barbecue, I'm possibly not the best judge, but my first experience - at Rudy's - was outstanding.

From the moment we walked in, we were warmly welcomed. They offered samples of the different meats so we knew what to order (moist brisket).

The portions were generous, and the meal was just great. Wish they'd open a store in NC.

“RUDY'S RAVE!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Rudy's BBQ restaurants are popping up all around. We are blessed to have this location near us. We've been eating at their restaurants for many years and have tried several different locations. This one has been consistently excellent. It is easy to spend anything from a modest amount for a BBQ sandwich and some chips and a glass of water to a hefty price for as much of this treasure trove of smoked meats as your hearts (hmmm, stomachs) desire (and then some)!

The staff will offer you a choice of moist or lean brisket but if they don't just talk to them about it. The lean is trimmed of the fat and the moist contains some of the blackened edges that are FULL of flavor! The links and the ribs are also excellent and some of us prefer the chicken. The sides are a nice offering and a favorite is the corn. Bread is included and currently if you bring your Rudy's souvenir cup back, refills are economically available. There are sauces on the table that let you choose whether you want "Sissy" or somewhat spicy. We've always had excellent service here and the restaurant seems to be well managed. It is also a popular place for "to go" orders especially for tubers and campers at the areas wonderful water attractions!

Rudy's review: A RAVE!