“Great experience”

Ranked #13 of 265 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Bar-B-Q was added to the operation in 1989, and Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q has been serving up tasty food ever since. The same original recipes that built Rudy's Leon Springs' reputation are now available throughout the Southwest.
Comfort, Texas
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Coming through New Braunfels on the way home from an auto race. It was late and we were hungry. Stopped at Rudy's at a quarter after ten. Our brisket was tender and delicious. The service was just great although they were closing at ten thirty. Not our first visit, and won't be our last.

• Visited June 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Love, love, love Rudy's”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

It's been some time since I've been to Rudy's, but it has got to be one of my favorite places to eat of all time. It's simple, but delicious. You order your meat by weight and the sides are wonderful. My favorite is the creamed corn. It does not get any better than this corn. The Rudy's sauce is fantastic as well. You will not be disappointed with a visit to Rudy's.

• Visited July 2011
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
“Too much fat on the brisket!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I did the take out order for the first time this week at Rudy's BBQ restaurant. I asked the waitress what the difference was between the moist brisket and the lean brisket. She said the lean had less fat and was drier. I should have ordered the lean. There was more fat than meat on the moist brisket. I will not go back there again even to try the lean. I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the meat. Will look for a better source for barbecue.

• Visited May 2012
Dowagiac, Michigan
“Great Texas BBQ.”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Some say you have to go to Lockhart for the best Texas BBQ, which we did, and it was great. But Rudy's is one of my favorites. Picnic tables, no plates, gas station in front and lots of great food.

Visited March 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
“Wow - Great BBQ!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This was some great BBQ Texas style that I found delicious, original and fun! The meat was super tender and flavorful, but I still drowned it in spicy BBQ sauce. Loved the creamed corn and the cold beer to have with it.

Very good stuff!