“Wonderful food/ambiance!”

Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels
Reserve with OpenTable
Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 273 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Antonio Street
Description: Myron’s Prime Steakhouse in New Braunfels serves succulent Chicago Prime Beef & offers an extensive wine list & full bar in a casual, yet elegant atmosphere.Myron’s is the only locally owned and operated prime steakhouse and we take pride in that fact by cooking with only the highest-quality ingredients to ensure every bite of your meal is delightful. We have been recognized multiple times by Wine Spectator, receiving awards of excellence for our extensive wine selection. Myron’s offers 350 different labels, including many boutique California wines. Join us for Wine Down Hour everyday from 4 to 6:30 pm where we offer 50% off appetizers, 25% off drinks and wine (bottles under $150).
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place for fine dining, food is good, wine list is extensive and what you would expect to find in the city.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Modern atmosphere , VERY good service, good steaks specially the bone in rib eye, I would go again but if you have a gift card make sure to include the tip with the bill otherwise its not going to work and you will end up like me paying cash the tip and have a remaining balance on your gift card! Sounds odd but its true.

1  Thank Nice P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Enjoyed a great meal here. It's pricey as sides are ala carte, a baked potato around $5, etc., but the steaks were very good. The bread and oil served pre-meal were very good. The sides were excellent ... check out the broiled tomatoes... the potato was almost worth the price! The steak/shrimp combo was nice. The desserts were heavenly - chocolate cake with dark chocolate heated glaze and carrot cake with rum flavored ice cream.

2  Thank amarielew
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I concur with most of the positive reviews - this is a decent place to go, the bread is fresh, it's family-friendly (lots of VERY casually dressed families with young children coming in after 8 PM), and friendly service.

I doubt that there's a better place in a 15 mile radius to get a good steak.

However, I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have had many experiences with mid and high-end prime steak houses to use as a basis for comparison with Myron's.

The steaks were good. I had a bone-in ribeye, my companion had a filet. My medium rare steak arrived medium well, and the server quickly agreed with my assessment and took the steak back to the kitchen. The second try was cooked exactly as I ordered it. My companion dawdled while eating her meal; unfortunately, she was almost finished with her meal by the time my steak was delivered.

The pricing is a little aggressive to the high side for the product delivered. The steaks are priced a la carte in the high forties, sides in the $7 - $11 range. The quality of the steaks was good, but the flavor was a little off - probably as a result of the special Myron's seasoning put on each steak. Prime beef DOESN"T need "special" seasoning to make it good!

The wine list is extensive. I ordered a glass of house red, which, at $9, was a little disappointing.

The desserts were good. My companion enjoyed the pecan pie and I had the 8 gauge ice cream.

The waiter was friendly and reasonably efficient, the atmosphere was suitable, and, although I wouldn't object to returning if I were in New Braunfels for some other reason, I wouldn't drive from San Antonio or Austin for the sole purpose of re-visiting this restaurant.,

1  Thank texquill
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Back many years ago, when my husband and I had just moved to New Braunfels he would take me to Myron's for appetizers and drinks when I arrived home from my advertising job in Austin. Steve would serve us at the bar, and it was a rare and special treat for us to get to go there.... But I was always so happy when we had an evening at Myron's, everything was always perfect. Soon after I became pregnant and we weren't at Myron's for at least a year. But then, one evening, we found a good sitter and were back. As soon as we walked in Steve had our favorite drinks on the table and asked us how our son "Hudson" was doing (even though I had gained 50 pounds and was hoping not to be recognized...... BEST bartender, manager in the world. Best drinks, BEST STEAKS, best bread, best tuna appetizers, best desserts, BEST owner...... I have so many wonderful memories of this place, and looking forward to many more. DO NOT MISS IT! This truly is Texas Hospitality.

1  Thank Tammy M