“Great dinner”

Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels
Reserve with OpenTable
Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 273 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Antonio Street
Description: Myron’s Prime Steakhouse in New Braunfels serves succulent Chicago Prime Beef & offers an extensive wine list & full bar in a casual, yet elegant atmosphere.Myron’s is the only locally owned and operated prime steakhouse and we take pride in that fact by cooking with only the highest-quality ingredients to ensure every bite of your meal is delightful. We have been recognized multiple times by Wine Spectator, receiving awards of excellence for our extensive wine selection. Myron’s offers 350 different labels, including many boutique California wines. Join us for Wine Down Hour everyday from 4 to 6:30 pm where we offer 50% off appetizers, 25% off drinks and wine (bottles under $150).
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We showed up pretty late (10pm) on a Saturday night and was suprised how friendly the staff was. The place was empty, but the bread, salads, shrimp all tasted fresh. They have a great wine list that rivals some of the 'finest' big city places. The steaks were of excellent quality and were cooked really well.
Our first visit, but won't be the last.

1  Thank littlejohn
Bill B, Owner at Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

John,

We are proud to offer a hospitable retreat, no matter what time you decide to join us for dinner! It sounds like your had a fabulous time with us. Of course, a good meal is made even better with a lovely wine list like ours. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next visit!

Best,

Reviewed September 11, 2012

They definitely start with a great piece of beef, but the way they cook it should be outlawed in Texas. They don't sear the meet or season it. All they do is bake it like a roast. My rib-eye had a hot red center, like I ordered it, but the outsides were a grayish pink like a boiled St. Louis rib before it has been smoked. The texture was good and the quality of the meat of was excellent. But, I grew up in KC, live in Dallas, and have been to every top steak house the city has to offer. I love to cook steaks at home on either red hot coals or with my infrared broiler, and have been to classes on the subject of cooking steaks. I know how to sear a great steak and finish it, so this place was a huge disappointment. I think they just stuck my medium rare steak in the oven and baked it while my companion's well done order was being cooked. No sear, no seasoning, no coming back for me.

2  Thank joelinda
Bill B, Owner at Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Joe

I am sorry to hear of your recent disappointment, especially given your experience with cooking your own steaks. We take pride in treating every cut of meat with the respect and care it deserves, and I will definitely discuss your feedback with our kitchen to ensure that we are maintaining our high standards. Thank you for your candor, both here and on Yelp. Don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to discuss this further.

Best,

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Reservations made and arrived 10 minutes early. Led to our table,received menu & wine list, introduced to waiter. Waiter brought water & bread; took orders. refreshed ice water. Brought wine and we accepted. Salad scrumptious and crispy. Meal arrived timely and was superb. Generous portions and cooked to perfection. Received complementary chocolate cake w/candle as this was an anniversary dinner. Experience sound unusual? Not at this restaurent. Always great service, food, and ambiance. A must go to if in New Braunfels.

2  Thank Dewey O
Bill B, Owner at Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dewey,

We are proud to offer a fabulous dining experience time after time. It was our pleasure to be part of your celebration. Thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back for dinner.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

ok, i admit it I'm a steak snob, not only do i want, no demand great steak, i want the ambience, best service. great drinks i want it all. well i found it at Myron's steak house in New Braunfels, Tx. took my son and daughter in law there on a client's recommendation. It was perfect, if I'm a steak snob my kids are martini's snobs. they both said it was the best martini they ever had. wish i could remember what it was called but since i think a flavored martini is a sin, I can't really comment.

great waiter, clean, great service, dark wood throughout the place very classy. bone in Rib eye out of this world. the regular ribeye, great. cooked just right. I'm not a salad guy so the waiter recommended the onion soup, I love onion soup, and this was perfect.

I'm also a big fan of hot, not spices, hot food, hot plates. the keep their dishes in a heat at over 400 degrees. so your food is hot, the plate is hot. hot enough you have to be careful, they warn you about it so be careful. I'd rather seat there a moment and let my food cool down then have to leave because it started out cold, don't worry about that here.

you can get as dressed up as you want or come casual, hey its Texas. its not cheap but high class and great aged steak is never cheap. but it was worth it and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank GREG W
Bill B, Owner at Myron's Prime Steakhouse - New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Greg,

There is truly nothing more luxurious than a beautiful steak and a smart martini. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your kids had such a wonderful time with us. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

By far one of the best ribeye's I have had the pleasure of consuming. I havwe eaten at this restaurant on special occasions numerous times and have never been disappointed. It is pricey for New Beraunfels but well worth it for those special times. Excellent service and ambiance. I will definately return

We're proud to serve your favorite steak in New Braunfels! It's our pleasure to help you make the most of these special occasions, so don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to further enhance the experience. Thank you for the kind words. We hope to welcome you back soon!