“This place will not be open long.”
Review of Captain Ben's Seafood Shack - CLOSED

Captain Ben's Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

This place will not be open long if they continue to operate like they did tonight. This is a order at the register and find a seat kinda place. They were out of green beans, out of the shrimp brochette, coleslaw was warm, chicken fried steak was rubbery, dirty rice would have been better described greasy rice, coke was more brown water than coke, Dr. Pepper was flat and the tea tasted like it was made days ago. We had to ask three times for silverware and the side order of slaw. Everything seemed to be made from something out of the freezer. There were a total of 6 in our party going out for a birthday meal. We definitely will not be returning. The empty parking lot at 6pm should have been our first indication something was off. They have a great location to fool the unsuspecting tourists, but the locals are on to you.

Your better than this.

2  Thank Shane J

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The fish was so greasy that the breading wouldn't stay on it. I couldn't finish it. Never going back.

3  Thank Sherry D
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This "Shack" had a crowd when I arrived at 2:00. Had a Shrimp Po' Boy on Garlic toast with steak fries! Awesome!

Food was great, service was okay! Will definitely come back when I pass through New Braunfels again!

1  Thank BJDierker
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was a little put out at the ordering process. Reminds me too much of the hole-in-the-wall BBQ places we have in Texas. But I was pleasantly surprised by the food. the Cajun menu is plentiful and varied, you can have a chicken fried steak if you want, and the seafood menu is just straight ahead. I had the fish and shrimp combo and for 7.99 I was very pleased. Even the regular seafood menu has a bit of a Cajun flair with paprika and a little red pepper hiding under the breading. We don't have a real good reasonable seafood restaurant here in New Braunfels and I think this one is a keeper.

1  Thank CJHollandNBTX
Reviewed October 6, 2013

While I agree with other reviews that the order process is more like some Bar-B-Q joints, who cares when the food is this good. Captain Ben's Seafood Shack in New Braunfels took up the digs of an old bbq place in town so I was very, very surprised at what they have going.
Everything looks good, but I tried the "Imperial" - blackened tilapia with artichoke in a lemon butter sauce and I'm here to tell you it was out of this world. (The wife had a very good Pontchartrain).
Don't waste your money at Pappadeaux's or (heaven forbid) Landry's. Captain Ben's has their
sauces down & fish/seafood cooked to absolute perfection at a price that could be double & still worth it. I went to find the owner this food was that amazingly good.

1  Thank Tom C