“Great lunch!”

Ranked #1 of 315 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For a fine dining experience, come to Alpine Haus Restaurant, in New Braunfels, Texas. We specialize in Bavarian style cooking with influences from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. All the traditional Schnitzels, Rinder Rouladen, Sauerbraten, Rinder Goulash , Schweinebraten, Huhnerbrust Geschnetzeltes, and of course many different sausages round out a diverse menu. We also offer an extensive collection of German beers and wine with pairing information to help you make the best complimentary selection for your meal. Bring your friends and family to our restaurant for amazing food and an authentic German experience, located in a 164-year-old historic building in the heart of downtown New Braunfels.
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

Delicious German lunch with a good beer selection. Had a nice chat with the owner about the history of the restaurant and town.

Reviewed February 19, 2019

I have eaten German food at about 4 different places from Fredericksburg, Austin and New Braunfels..Alpine Haus is the real deal. If you come to New Braunfels be sure to find this restaurant. It's the best!

Reviewed February 18, 2019

My husband and I happened to be in New Braunfels on a recent Saturday around lunch time. We had no idea where to eat. While I drove around town, he looked up restaurants, and we fondly remembered a trip to Switzerland when he came upon Alpine Haus. We didn't know anything about it, and that made our stop so much more worth it, because it was such a lovely surprise.
The "haus" itself is really charming, and has limited seating. We were lucky to have come in without a reservation. Our waiter was fun and knowledgeable, and was helpful with all of our questions.
I had never had spetzel before, and with the chicken and spinach cream sauce, it was to die for. My husband's sausage were perfectly cooked, and the sauerkraut was fantastic.
The beer and wine menu is excellent, and the only complaint I have is that I didn't have room for dessert! There will be a next time.

Reviewed February 16, 2019

Our dinner was delicious. I had the weiner schnitzel cordon blue with potato dumplings. I am gluten free and all was exceptionalI c ludicrous the gravy. My partner had the pork weiner schitnel with the potato salad. Highly recommend. We will go back while in town for the winter.

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful food in a quaint setting! The food was perfectly prepared and tasty. The price might be a dollar or two higher than other German places in town, but it is well
worth the cost for the quality. The meat was so tender! The potato salad, red cabbage and sauerkraut were perfect side dishes with the meal. The imported beer on the menu can lead to indecision because you have so many options, but the server can talk you through the process to find one that is perfect for you!