“Excellent food and drinks”

Alpine Haus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 262 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For a fine dining experience, come to Alpine Haus Restaurant, in New Braunfels, Texas. We specialize in Bavarian style cooking with influences from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. All the traditional Schnitzels, Rinder Rouladen, Sauerbraten, Rinder Goulash , Schweinebraten, Huhnerbrust Geschnetzeltes, and of course many different sausages round out a diverse menu. We also offer an extensive collection of German beers and wine with pairing information to help you make the best complimentary selection for your meal. Bring your friends and family to our restaurant for amazing food and an authentic German experience, located in a 164-year-old historic building in the heart of downtown New Braunfels.
Lake Forest Park WA
“Excellent food and drinks”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I decided to try the Alpine Haus for German food based upon earlier reviewers reports, and we were not disappointed. The schnitzel sandwiches were excellent, washed down with Paulaner Oktoberfest beer and Schmidt-Sohn Riesling , and finished with a great hot apple strudel and cream. The service was very polite and helpful, and the atmosphere was classic 'old Texas' with a very tastefully appointed dining room with cool white brick and polished wooden floor. Waltz music played softly throughout the building. We would definitely go back!

New Braunfels, Texas
“Great food. But...”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

So this is the sixth time my girlfriend and I have been to Alpine Haus for dinner. So far all six times the food has been fantastic. They seem to run out of beers pretty often but it's a small restaurant so I guess it's not a big deal. The host and hostess walk around the restaurant grumpy. The host is very rude to the servers right in front of the customers. Our service varies each visit, we normally have a brunette or a short blonde who are very pleasant and smiley. This time we had a taller blonde who didn't seem to really want to be there. This last visit we were sat in the back room where the hostess and our waitress sat on their phones and gossiped the entire time while the host also sat around letting our drinks become empty and dirty plates sit on the table. The food and beer selection is great, and a few of the servers really put forth the effort. This last visit however was really disappointing and unprofessional. I want to come back for the food but I will make sure I ask for a different waitress.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“German Food was Quite Good”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Every local in New Braunfels that we asked.."who has the best German food?" The answer was always the same Alpine Haus.
It's in a quaint little house in the historical district. Nice tables with tablecloths & napkins. Music playing in background.
The food was very good. I had a plate with 3 kinds of sausage plus sauerkraut & German potato salad. My sis had Wiener schnitzel. It was really tasty.
The host was nice and so was our waitress but she wasn't very mindful of what we needed. Had to ask for things that she'd forgotten to bring us, more than once. Maybe she was new..
Overall, we enjoyed it very much. We heard you might need to make reservations during busy times. Don't know if they had a bar area, but I think not.

San Antonio, Texas
“Let's go back!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We are locals and were at Alpine Haus about 6 mos ago. Still great and the best German food in area. Reservations recommended. My wife and I both had the veal schnitzel and while she had the spoetzel and red cabbage, I had the German potatoes and sauerkraut. I had a German beer, my favorite, and we finished up with Alpine delight - a cross between Bosto cream pie and teramisu(sp?). Food was terrific. Service was good and from atmosphere could imagine you were in Bavaria. Good value.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Real German Food”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Finally, a restaurant which serves real German cuisine. We came as a group of 7 and there was not a single disappointment. Atmosphere, quality of food, quantity of food, personal attention of the waitstaff..........all good! We will be back

• Visited February 2014