“A visit to Germany without the plane fare or 10 hour trip”

Alpine Haus Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 263 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For a fine dining experience, come to Alpine Haus Restaurant, in New Braunfels, Texas. We specialize in Bavarian style cooking with influences from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. All the traditional Schnitzels, Rinder Rouladen, Sauerbraten, Rinder Goulash , Schweinebraten, Huhnerbrust Geschnetzeltes, and of course many different sausages round out a diverse menu. We also offer an extensive collection of German beers and wine with pairing information to help you make the best complimentary selection for your meal. Bring your friends and family to our restaurant for amazing food and an authentic German experience, located in a 164-year-old historic building in the heart of downtown New Braunfels.
“A visit to Germany without the plane fare or 10 hour trip”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I arrived to town looking for the best German fare New Braunfels had to offer. We succeeded!! We have visited New Braunfels numerous times and eaten German food each time but never as well prepared and tasty as we found it to be at this establishment. Every dish was prepared to perfection and the chef even came out to check on us and the quality of the meal. The meal was superb as were the three desserts we all shared. The waitstaff were all very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return as soon as we travel to the hill country again. It is worth the drive.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Texexpatsinla

Columbia, South Carolina
“I love this place!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Quaint, romantic, intimate and wonderful. The attention to detail is amazing and the wine/beer list is amazing. They even have pairing information for those that are not in the know. I can't remember a place I've been to like this. I've read the reviews and the ones that are bad I can only imagine are from competition trying to bring them down. This is a truly wonderful place to make memories. One of the few in the area. I highly recommend this restaurant!.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank jazzykwan
Houston, Texas
“Excellent German Food”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I haven't had this fine of German cooking since I was in Germany. Large portions, excellent taste and a large beer selection. The prices were not excessive for the quality of the food. If you're in New Braunfels and crave good German food....this is the place for you.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank godsmack44
New Braunfels, Texas
“EXCELLENT!!!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I really don't need to say much more. This place is amazing!! Great food. Great service. I will take the family back here. They are one of the best in town. A must place to stop if you travel to our city.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jeremy S
Cibolo, Texas, USA
“Danke, Schmeckt gut!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very good service, great tasting food and charming atmosphere. Finally, a decent German restaurant in New Braunfels! I will be back!

• Visited December 2013