“Loved it!!!”

Alpine Haus Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 260 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, Austrian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For a fine dining experience, come to Alpine Haus Restaurant, in New Braunfels, Texas. We specialize in Bavarian style cooking with influences from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. All the traditional Schnitzels, Rinder Rouladen, Sauerbraten, Rinder Goulash , Schweinebraten, Huhnerbrust Geschnetzeltes, and of course many different sausages round out a diverse menu. We also offer an extensive collection of German beers and wine with pairing information to help you make the best complimentary selection for your meal. Bring your friends and family to our restaurant for amazing food and an authentic German experience, located in a 164-year-old historic building in the heart of downtown New Braunfels.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We were celebrating the anniversary of a month long vacation in Bavaria. Alpine Haus was authentic and wonderful. Great food, great service, we will definitely be returning.

“Fantastic true German food. BEST IN TOWN!!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and came to Gruene Texas as a get away with anticipation of some good German cuisine. We did exactly that at the Alpine Haus. The food was excellent and the service was just as good. Worth more than one visit during your trip.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Loved the authenticity and the service!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The food was outstanding and the service was above and beyond. We showed up without reservations--not recommended, as it is a small restaurant--and we only waited barely 5 minutes to be seated. We were then served by the owner! The food was just like I remember from 1979 when I lived in Germany. Thank you for the good food, service and allowing us to celebrate our 28th wedding Anniversary with you!

• Visited November 2013
Boydton, Virginia
“Excellent, authentic German dining experience!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, authentic German dining experience. Affordable and delicious . Brought back memories of my mom's cooking! Service with a smile and prompt. Can't wait to revisit . Well worth the 2 hour drive . Highly recommend coming in hungry so that you have plenty of room to have dessert ! Black Forest cake is exceptional!

Frederick, Maryland
“Great food and stellar service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I'm a big German food fan so when I was in the New Braunfels area on a business trip I tried this place out. I felt right at home and got all star treatment, which was nice because I was traveling alone. The food was great and reasonably priced; delicious! If I ever have the chance to go back again I'll be sure to return to this gem!

• Visited October 2013