“Nice Place, Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Garland, Texas
“Nice Place, Good Food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Never experienced a BJ's, but glad we did. Friends took us here and was pleasantly surprised. Menu was diverse. Atmosphere was well done, with high ceilings and open view with short walls to segment the different areas, yet still able to see over the walls where you did not feel "shut-in". Great food smells and menu choices. Staff appeared professional and upbeat. We were there for a late lunch and they allowed us to order from the lunch menu, even though "lunch hours" had passed by just a little bit. Food was good and had solid levels of flavor's to the dish. Sweet tea was VERY sweet. It was like Georgia/Alabama/Mississippi "southern sweet". I toned it way back with un-sweet tea to balance it. Not sure if the tea as just overly sweet that day, or if this is the norm. All in all, a good choice on the map of what to do and where to eat. You will enjoy.

• Visited March 2013

New Braunfels, TX
“My First Time Won't Be My Last”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had never been to a BJs. I'm not a fan of chain restaurants and certainly NOT a fan of California restaurants, which is BJs home. I'm a Texas meat and potatoes boy, have been for my total 59 years on this earth. However, I was enchanted with this place. I don't drink alcohol, so the craft brewed beers are lost on me but I can tell you the fresh brewed root beer and cream soda rank up there with the best I've ever had. I had the jalapeno burger (go figure!!) and fries and couldn't finish it all. Ended up getting a doggie box to take almost half of it home with me! Interesting menu includes personal pizzas, something my wife really likes. They have a dessert called a Pizookie. I tried the red velvet. It won't be the last one I have. It was GOOD!! Oh, and I saw the folks next to us and the guy had a baked potate stuffed with chili I missed on the menu. I'm going there next. The place was nice, not pretentious like some restaurants I been to from the West Coast. The service was excellent. This will certainly be a regular stop for us in the future. And they have take away, too.

• Visited April 2013
new braunfels,tx
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lots of excellent choices”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food here has been consistently good, great selection of beers. The keep adding to the menu, wide variety of choices, I've tried about a dozen all have been good.

Visited February 2013
Plano, Texas
“No way...never again”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Service was horrible. Food was ok, but had better. Served the wrong food. Finally got the right food, but some food was still missing. Horrible service. We will never recommend or ever return.

• Visited March 2013
“Average meal, BJ's can do better”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I at at BJ's midweek. I ordered a beer, clam chowder and pork chops. The beer was perfect. The clam chowder was tasty but not heated through consistently- it was like it had been microwaved for too short a time. The pork chops tasted great but came out slightly undercooked. I had asked for medium rare and they came out Just seared (think tuna steak). In all honesty I should have cut into them when they were brought to the table but I was midway through the clam chowder. Anyway, when I detected the problem, it was quickly rectified by the kitchen and things were fine from then on. I eat at BJs in The Woodlands fairly often and felt this experience was letting the brand down a bit. Maybe I was just unlucky...