“Good wine”

Winery on the Gruene
Reviewed April 6, 2013

There were some excellent wines in the shop. They were not overly friendly or unfriendly, just very matter of fact. One of the men thawed out a little once we purchased 4 bottles of wine from them. It could have been a fun place.

Daniel P, Owner at Winery on the Gruene, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Glad you loved our wine. That is what it is all about. We are sorry that you did not get the customer contact that you expected but I can assure you that you will the next time. Hope to see you soon. Sorry it took a while to respond but we do not have a dedicated staff to respond to all the sites on line. We are a small family run business but we are trying hard to get back to everyone.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location but not impressed beyond that. The exterior was very inviting, nor was the staff upon entering. We enjoyed a very reasonably priced wine tasting but the two gentlemen serving were very hard pressed to smile. Not an enjoyable experience. The wine? Hmmm I can't remember as I was so distracted by the poor service.

1  Thank amarielew

Sorry you experience was not enjoyable. We are a small family business that does not have staff dedicated to respond to every website online. I know it has taken us a while to respond but we are very sorry for you experience and we hope that you will try our little winery again. We get hundreds of great reviews daily. I hope you can try us again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been going here for several years now! Special occasions and just because! You can't find better wine, customer service, or sights in the area!! This is a must see and do for sure!!

Daniel P, Owner at Winery on the Gruene, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

You are awesome and we enjoy you very much every time you come in!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have personally tasted EVERY. SINGLE. WINE. I love everything from their Ice Wines, fruity wines, sweet wines, not so sweet ones, to their DELICIOUS Ports....try the Orange Chocolate Port, that one's my fave!!!

Daniel P, Owner at Winery on the Gruene, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

You are the best customers ever! We are going to have new ports for the holidays. We are keeping the White Chocolate Port and we are adding a Almond Caramel Port. It sounds so Yummy!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have been coming to winery on the gruene for years ( in the OLD location) and now it's the only wine I drink, even when I was pregnant and couldn't drink we still went in to visit all the sweet owners and stock up for after baby :) I'll never buy wine anywhere else... It's hands down the best!! Everyone is super friendly and you will want to sit and drink a sweet glass of wine all day long!!

Thanks for following us to the current location. You are the reason we had to find a bigger place! We will me remodeling on the 24th and 25th of September. We will be closed those days but make sure you come by that week and check out the new bar!