“Best on the river”
Review of Texas Tubes

Texas Tubes
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the best tube outfitter on the river because of their location. They provide one of the longest rides on the river, and you can park within a few feet of the water. You can leave a picnic lunch in your car and make two trips for just $5 more. A great family experience.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The water is cool all year long. The ride is excellent. The kids loved it. Take your own drinks, just be sure to use a small cooler and non-disposable containers. Disposable items are not permitted and will get you a ticket. This is a little bit of a pain, but it has cleaned up the river and the crowds are now family friendly.

1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a great time with my family. Felt like the car would be secure in the parking lot. From there it was a short walk to the tubes/river. The shuttle back after the floating was fine as well. We will use Texas Tubes again, pretty easy set up. I'm a big girl and was very comfortable in the tube.

2  Thank Darlene_Rowland
Reviewed July 8, 2013

So glad we went with this tube place and decided to do the Comal over the Guadalupe! As far as the Comal goes, there are really fun chutes to go through and it goes right through the middle of town. As far as Texas Tubes go—parking was easy, the attendants were nice (one even took a pic of us, even though he was busy), bathrooms are very nice and clean, the tubes are nice blue plastic ones (not the hot black rubber ones). Tubes with bottoms are the same price as the tubs without. They were there waiting on us when we got out (seem to have a really great shuttle service). My husband and I loved it :) AND I DID IT 34 weeks pregnant. They were all really sweet to me, making sure I was careful on the stairs and such. They didn't act concerned that I was floating the river, and it didn't ever feel dangerous (just relaxing) ... they just knew the stairs were somewhat slippery. Can't wait to go back and take our dog/baby. We thought the price was great also. Make sure to read the river rules about disposable containers (cans, bottles, etc.)

See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Okay - everyone told us it would be difficult to tube with 5 kids ages 8 - 14, but Texas Tubes made it easy and enjoyable. We got there at 9:00 on a Monday. We were the only ones there. The restrooms were very clean. He got us all outfitted, and we were off by 9:06. I got a life jacket to put in my tube - to lean back on.....comfy for an old lady, also got the covered bottom - as I don't like fish nibbling and whacking my derriere on rocks. It was an easy entry. The water was soooooo cold, but we quickly got used to it. We moved along past Prince Sohms Park and then the first chute came up - scared me to death....the others loved it. Keep your head forward and your feet pulled up! The second chute was gentle, and we got out and played a while at the waterfall. BIG WARNING: there is a huge undertow at one part of the water fall......the 8 year old went under and was pulled out by her brother, but my husband had gone in after her and was held under for quite a while until he was able to grab the hand of my other grandson. I asked him if he felt the situation was dire, and he agreed that it was.....and he was a paratrooper! Just don't get out at that point!!! If you do - do not go under the waterfall - it looks small and fun, but it could be deadly! Okay - after we all got our fun spirit back, we tubed the rest of the way. The 3rd chute was gentle. The water is so clean - not a can, a cup or a wad of paper, anywhere along the river. They passed a city ordinance that discontinues allowing people to tube with throw away items....it is really working. I bought collapsable water bottles at the Dollar Tree for a dollar - they have a caribiner attached - the kids loved them - wash them out with soap and water before using them - otherwise the water will taste like plastic. I also bought a nylon bag with a draw string....had bandaides, sunscreen, goggles, bandanas, etc. in it. The man ties plastic string around your tube for all your attachments. The trip takes about 2 hours - you go right past the new part of Schlitterbahn, beautiful homes, ducks, deer, and private property signs. There are shallow areas where you can let the kids get off their tubes and swim and splash - but it was never too shallow that you had to get out and walk. When we got to the end of the trip - the man was waiting for us.....helped us get out of the water and carried my tube for me to the waiting bus to shuttle us back. We would all do it again....just not going near the falls. It cost $15 - well worth it!

10  Thank Cindy M