“Small but interesting”

Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Two Attractions, One Admission:Mountain Lion CubsExciting Croc & Alligator ShowPetting ZooWorld's Largest RodentEndangered PrimatesMost Dangerous Snake in the WorldBirds of the WorldCarnivore Feeding ShowRattlesnake PitConcession StandGift ShopAnd much more!!Check web site for showtimes, vary according to season.
Lagos, Nigeria
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Small but interesting”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Large and exotic selection of snakes which had the kids fascinated. ..the zoo was small with a few exotic animals (and a sad looking lion).
The pet feeding area was akin to a farm yard with only goats and such available to be fed.
Highlight of the trip was the kids being allowed to pet and carry a real snake.
Good fun albeit for not more than 45 mins tops.

Plano, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I love how you can get so much closer to the animals at this zoo. At other zoos the animals tend to hang back and hide and half the time you cant even see many of the animals. At animal world and snake farm they are right there so close you can almost touch them. And sometimes they will bring animals out that you can pet which is a dream come true for me as i am so interested in exotic animals! Well worth a visit!!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Airyorpheus
Seguin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Snake Farm has grownup since25 Years ago!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

In the last year I have been 3 times and the constant growth and improvements are amazing!
Since I grew up in SA the Snake Farm was always a childhood treat. It went through some tough times but has come back as a great attraction!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank wkdmijo
Fort Worth, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Another Great Visit”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our third trip to the Snake Farm Zoo. This time I took my parents and they enjoyed it. The white lions have really grown since our last visit (February) and should now be in their larger habitat (they were just finishing it up when we were there.) My favorite part this round was hand feeding a couple of cavies. I managed to feed a capybara too.

The best time to visit is in the morning, when the animals are more active, and it seems that feeding time is around noon, so they are excited about that. We were there on a Sunday, and they have different shows on Sundays where they show off the animals, tell you all about them, and answer your questions.

My husband spent quite a bit of time chatting with the owner, who really cares about the animals and has really big plans for the zoo. I know they just got a wolf cub (probably not on display yet). And servals--I'm not sure if those are out yet either. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the changes and watching the white lions grow.

The petting zoo area is super fun, so don't forget to buy your bag of food. Warning though: some of the goats will rip the bag right out of your hand if you aren't paying attention--they (and the llama) will even eat the paper bag!

The snakes are indoors (yay air conditioning), and I love to see which ones are active and marvel at all the different colorings. The rattlesnake pit and bearded dragon lizards are inside on the OTHER side of the cash register (go left as you enter the building). My mom does NOT like snakes, but even she found it interesting.

The whole place was great, but the heat is a drag, so visit early, and not just in the Summer.

Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“It was a very small zoo.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The other reviews were right. It is a small zoo with fewer animals. I read that it was interactive, but the only interaction was when we initiated it.