“Happy Happy Happy”

Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Two Attractions, One Admission:Mountain Lion CubsExciting Croc & Alligator ShowPetting ZooWorld's Largest RodentEndangered PrimatesMost Dangerous Snake in the WorldBirds of the WorldCarnivore Feeding ShowRattlesnake PitConcession StandGift ShopAnd much more!!Check web site for showtimes, vary according to season.
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Made a trip to New Braunfels for work and play over spring break. My 10 year old son loved this place....as did I. It has it all and is very reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went here once as a kid and thought it was neat, but we took our kids back during a spring break vacation and it was awesome! An interesting variety of unique animals with an up-close and personal experience. Great fun for a great value and well worth the stop! Can't wait to visit again after the next expansion.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

When my uncle owned it back in the 70's. it was in great shape. We always love going there.
The next owers let the place go down hill badly. However, I hear the latest owers are doing an awesome job. I even saw them on a Tv program. The place looks great. My uncle would be proud of the place now. May he rest in peace...

1  Thank KandiMata
Reviewed February 23, 2014

With new exhibits, The Snake Farm/Animal World in New Braunfels is guaranteed to be a fun family outing. Be sure and check out the show schedules online before you arrive. They do not have one printed, nor do they make some big announcement either. There are plenty of snakes and reptiles for viewing indoors. If you arrive in the heat of the afternoon, you can see the outdoor critters first, then cool off indoors. You can purchase food like hot dogs and what not on the grounds, but it's not worth the price. Admission can be worth every penny if you view the show schedule before hand. Other than that, do not expect an expert giving you the facts on the reptiles or any other animals. New exhibits are in the making, but the highlights are certainly the White Lion Cubs and the Otters if you catch them playing.

2  Thank PaulaHarris
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Wonderful family adventure!!! We visited the zoo/snake farm with low expectations based on my visit 10yrs earlier. My 1st visit was very disappointing and a little creepy. The snakes and animals looked poorly cared for and their living environments were disgusting! However, this visit (2nd visit), was absolutely delightful!!! I had heard the ownership had changed, so I decided to give it another shot, mainly because my daughter wanted to go. As soon as we walked in, I could see a tremendous improvement! Everything was clean, orderly, well lite and spacious (NO smells). The snakes were absolutely beautiful (and I'm NOT a snake person)! Their color, size, and overall appearances were impressive. And the wide variety of exotics was a real treat... It was obvious to us that the new owners cared about the snakes and was making a tremendous effort toward educating their visitors about the vast community of exotic snakes and snakes indigenous to Texas. - Once I was able to pull myself and the 3 children (ages: 4, 10, 10) away from the snakes... we made our way outside to a whole new adventure. Laid out before us was an awesome array of animals. This was completely unexpected! It seemed like we ran from one animal habitat to another, squealing with excitement over the different types of animals. It was so much FUN! What made this zoo different from other zoos was its intimacy. The animals were closer for observation and were very interactive with us as spectators. It was obvious they were very happy and well adjusted to their homes! The petting zoo was a blast... Watch your 'paper bags' because the goats love them! All the animals were very friendly and loving! I think my favorite animal(s) were the rare albino Lion Cubs... Words can't begin to describe their beauty!!!! To sum up our visit in two words; Go Visit... You won't be disappointed! More importantly, you will have a memorable experience of knowing these beautiful animals and reptiles are being well cared for and loved... Animal and human interaction at it's finest!

1  Thank Lisa H