“We thought it was a totally awesome adventure.”

Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Two Attractions, One Admission:Mountain Lion CubsExciting Croc & Alligator ShowPetting ZooWorld's Largest RodentEndangered PrimatesMost Dangerous Snake in the WorldBirds of the WorldCarnivore Feeding ShowRattlesnake PitConcession StandGift ShopAnd much more!!Check web site for showtimes, vary according to season.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We thought it was a totally awesome adventure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

When my uncle owned it back in the 70's. it was in great shape. We always love going there.
The next owers let the place go down hill badly. However, I hear the latest owers are doing an awesome job. I even saw them on a Tv program. The place looks great. My uncle would be proud of the place now. May he rest in peace...

Visited January 2014
1 Thank KandiMata

Överhogdal, Jämtlands Län, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

With new exhibits, The Snake Farm/Animal World in New Braunfels is guaranteed to be a fun family outing. Be sure and check out the show schedules online before you arrive. They do not have one printed, nor do they make some big announcement either. There are plenty of snakes and reptiles for viewing indoors. If you arrive in the heat of the afternoon, you can see the outdoor critters first, then cool off indoors. You can purchase food like hot dogs and what not on the grounds, but it's not worth the price. Admission can be worth every penny if you view the show schedule before hand. Other than that, do not expect an expert giving you the facts on the reptiles or any other animals. New exhibits are in the making, but the highlights are certainly the White Lion Cubs and the Otters if you catch them playing.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank PaulaHarris
Canyon Lake, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Family Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful family adventure!!! We visited the zoo/snake farm with low expectations based on my visit 10yrs earlier. My 1st visit was very disappointing and a little creepy. The snakes and animals looked poorly cared for and their living environments were disgusting! However, this visit (2nd visit), was absolutely delightful!!! I had heard the ownership had changed, so I decided to give it another shot, mainly because my daughter wanted to go. As soon as we walked in, I could see a tremendous improvement! Everything was clean, orderly, well lite and spacious (NO smells). The snakes were absolutely beautiful (and I'm NOT a snake person)! Their color, size, and overall appearances were impressive. And the wide variety of exotics was a real treat... It was obvious to us that the new owners cared about the snakes and was making a tremendous effort toward educating their visitors about the vast community of exotic snakes and snakes indigenous to Texas. - Once I was able to pull myself and the 3 children (ages: 4, 10, 10) away from the snakes... we made our way outside to a whole new adventure. Laid out before us was an awesome array of animals. This was completely unexpected! It seemed like we ran from one animal habitat to another, squealing with excitement over the different types of animals. It was so much FUN! What made this zoo different from other zoos was its intimacy. The animals were closer for observation and were very interactive with us as spectators. It was obvious they were very happy and well adjusted to their homes! The petting zoo was a blast... Watch your 'paper bags' because the goats love them! All the animals were very friendly and loving! I think my favorite animal(s) were the rare albino Lion Cubs... Words can't begin to describe their beauty!!!! To sum up our visit in two words; Go Visit... You won't be disappointed! More importantly, you will have a memorable experience of knowing these beautiful animals and reptiles are being well cared for and loved... Animal and human interaction at it's finest!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lisa H
San Antonio, Texas
“must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was really skeptical at first, but was quite pleasantly surprised.
Huge variety of snakes, detailed descriptions, so many to see. we made our way to see the animals. what a great experience this was. first of all we were able to see all the animals up close and personal. There were camels, buffalo, mountain lions, zebra, crocodiles and aligators, , wolves, hyena , several species of monkeys, petting zoo etc....

great place for kids and people who love to see wild animals,
clean facility and friendly staff

Visited January 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

This place was cooler than I thought it would be. There were snakes and reptiles which is to be expected but there was also this outside area with a real random collection of other animals as well. It was good for a couple of hour visit and I think worth a trip.

Visited December 2013