“I had my Air Force Re-Enlistment Ceremony at the Snake Farm”

Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Two Attractions, One Admission:Mountain Lion CubsExciting Croc & Alligator ShowPetting ZooWorld's Largest RodentEndangered PrimatesMost Dangerous Snake in the WorldBirds of the WorldCarnivore Feeding ShowRattlesnake PitConcession StandGift ShopAnd much more!!Check web site for showtimes, vary according to season.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

When I had the decision to reenlist in the Air Force after 10 years, I knew that I wanted to have the ceremony some where special. The Snake Farm in New Braunfels has been my favorite place in Texas since I first visited three years ago. I thought that it would be a novel idea to have a unique reenlistment ceremony by having a gopher snake slithering on my neck. The officer who I asked to conduct the ceremony was incredibly scared of snakes... so you could imagine how hilarious the entire scenario was. The best part of the day was when three big muscly guys wrestled an alligator approximately 30 minutes prior to my ceremony. Those who were a bit late really missed out. Thank you so much for supporting the troops Snake Farm!! They let all of us in for free!

1  Thank Kimberly W
"lots of fun"
in 5 reviews
"san antonio"

Reviewed April 8, 2012

They give you tons of info on stuff you didn't even consider?

1  Thank Anna G
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I found out about this place after visiting the children's museum in New Braunfels. We go there every couple weeks when Jared does his programs. My kids fell in love with him! Too bad he can't be my personal nanny! haha. Im not a fan of snakes but my kiddos talked me into going to the snake farm zoo yesterday. Well lucky us, Jared happened to be doing a crocodile show and feeding. We got to pet a little alligator or crocodile (forget which one), then we watched the bravest thing I've ever seen. Jared if you read this your craaaazzzy for hand feeding all thosecrocodiles!!!!!!!!!! I give this place mucho thumbs up! Oh yea, the baby lemur is my favorite!!

1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed March 22, 2012

There are many different types of animals there besides snakes. This is a great place to visit

1  Thank mrmatt20
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2012

A very enjoyable and memorable few hours. Our whole family was educated and delighted by this little zoo park. I have never seen so many different snakes in one place. The kids were thrilled! They were able to hold, touch and learn about some reptiles during programs that were given. There was also a petting area for the kids to feed and pet a variety of animals. The zoo had also other exotic animals some that I have never seen before such as the hyenas and timber wolves. We all had a good time here and Mom & Dad were not too bored. The staff was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. There was food available to feed the animals and it was packaged in small bags which were not cheap. However, the cost of running a zoo is expensive and in order to maintain proper feeding and upkeep it is understandable that some of the costs goes onto such items. The only negative was that there was only one bathroom which was for everyone. Also prepare yourselves for some stinky animal smells.