“Super-Tastey, and gorgeous venue”

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards
Salida, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Super-Tastey, and gorgeous venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Sipping great wine among historic live oaks. What could be better?! We had a great time at our tasting. The staff was friendly & knowledgeable. The grounds are beautiful. Worth a stop for sure.

Visited January 2014

Houston, TX
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Cool experience, not my favorite wines”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went here with a giant party. We got pretty decent service especially considering the size of our party. There was a lot of downtime while tasting, but that was fine because I wasn't looking to get drunk. We didn't do the tour, only a tasting. It was $10 for 8 non reserve wines. The wine shot we did was $2 but didn't come in the frozen shot glass, probably because there were so many of us. I think it would be better to go when the vines are growing- everything just kind of looked dead.

All the wines we tried (non-reserve) were just not my taste... they were all really extreme (extremely sweet or extremely dry or extremely cinnamon-y). I couldn't picture drinking any of these wines with dinner. The best thing was the frozen sangria. We also did the shooting blanc, with the jalapeno. That was good too. Maybe central Texans just have different taste than me!

Visited November 2013
Aurora, Colorado
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great service - OK wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We went to this winery not really knowing what to expect from Texas wines. The lady working, Jean, was extremely friendly and kind. Since we didn't want a full tasting (8 wines, I believe), as we don't like reds, she let us taste 4 whites/blush without a charge. She also had crackers and salsa for between. I like sweet wines (think Riesling), but her sweet wine was too much even for me! The white she said was "dry" was more Riesling-ish or Pinot Grigio, certainly not dry. The blush was very fruity, but also sweet. Her sangria was the best, but she didn't have it for sale:( Overall it was quaint and nice. We bought a bottle because we felt kind of sorry for her having no one there - plus she was so nice to us! It's an OK wine.

Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hill Country Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went on a Sunday for the 1:30 p.m. tour and then did a wine-tasting afterwards. Interesting tour, great staff, and delicious wines. We planned on doing just the tour and wine-tasting, but enjoyed their wine so much, ended up going home with three bottles! We'll be back for next year's grape-stomping event!

Visited September 2013
San Antonio, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“5 Miler "Whine" Run”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Today my husband and I participated with over 800 runners for the Dry Comal Creek Vineyard and we are so glad we did. The course was hilly hence 'the hill country'. We were able to try the different wine and sangria. I have to add that the Sangria was AWESOME!!!! I will highly recommend this place and I can't wait to take my cousin for a return visit.

Visited September 2013