“Relaxing, fun and beautiful!!!”

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards
Brownsville, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Relaxing, fun and beautiful!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you want to relax and have a glass of wine, in beautiful hill country, this is your place to go!!! The ladies were awesome and we came home with 6 bottles!!! I loved it there and cant wait to go back, it is soooo worth the drive!!!

Visited March 2013

San Antonio, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great wines and service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

For $14 a person you can taste every single wine they have(maybe 11?) except the 2 ports! Amazing value for a tasting. My husband and I tried the white and red port though also and they were very worth it. You even get some of the house made sangria for free afterwards. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. We loved that there was plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. We didn't opt to take the tour, but they do have tours available twice a day on the weekends I think. People were there as couples like us, or with their kids as well, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Definently a must stop in New Braunfels. You'll walk out with a great experience and a couple bottles of wine like we did!

Visited March 2013
Asheville, NC
196 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 293 helpful votes
“Good wines and service”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I made our second trip to Dry Comal Creek Vineyards a few days ago. We had stopped for a tasting two years ago and were so favorably impressed that we wanted drop by again. We focused strictly on the reds and found several that we wanted to take home. Like all small wineries the price per bottle was a little high so we finally (and grudgingly) settled on one and bought a bottle of their un-oaked Cabernet Sauvignon for later consumption. There was another couple enjoying a bottle in the sitting area in the next room, but other than that we were alone, Our server was great and we enjoyed about an hour of conversation with her.

This winery is easy to find. It's a short drive on TX-46 from I-35 at New Braunfels or from US-281 at Bulverde. This puts it in easy range for an afternoon trip from either San Antonio or Austin. It's a little isolated from the other Texas Hill Country wineries, but it could easily serve as a first or last stop when visiting the cluster of vineyards between Fredricksburg and Johnson City.

Like the previous reviewer, I was a little annoyed by the political materials posted in the restrooms. I visit a winery for relaxation and I don't want to be reminded about what's wrong with the world. Regardless of viewpoint, I don't want to read politics in the restroom. I started to rate the winery down a point or two over this, but I decided it wasn't a fair assessment of the winery, its products, or its customer service. So I went with a five. Just be aware that the political stuff is there and don't be surprised. If you're a conservative voter, you'll shake your fist and say "Right on!" If you're a liberal voter, you'll just shake your fist. There are, however, certain risks associated with doing either while you're standing at a men's urinal.

Visited January 2013
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“No politics please!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After reading all the good reviews about this place, we were looking forward to the experience. The location is charming and since we were there in the early afternoon, we had the place almost all to ourselves.All the better to enjoy wine tasting, right? Before we went in to the main building, we stopped at the restrooms. There were signs posted on the wall clearly indicating the owner's political positions. Whether or not we agreed with these statements is not the point. Why would you do this, knowing you would alienate a portion of your clientele?

The wine tasting was enjoyable and interesting. The actual wine, however, was only ok and over priced. Maybe it had something to do with the bitter taste we had from our initial impression.

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Quaint & Romantic”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Loved this place. $14 a person and you can taste every wine they have (except ports, which is ok with me). My wife and I had a great time here. Will definitely be returning.

Visited November 2012