“Wonderful experience - First time Boating and Jetski”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Canyon Lake

Canyon Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the deepest lakes in Texas boasts more than 80 miles of scenic shoreline and is a favorite spot for outdoor activities year round.
Chennai (Madras), India
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience - First time Boating and Jetski”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were 8 of us with one 14 seater boat and a Jet Ski to go along... Had a gala time from 11 AM to almost 4 Pm..... Loved every moment in the lake. initially was scared to drive a boat and the jet ski too. But it was super duper fun once i got the hang of it, Took turns driving the boat around. And loved the Jetski to the core. Was on the Jet ski for close to 2 hours... hitting 50 mph frequently... Also did the surf boarding and the tubing... Simply wonderful experience. Being a first timer for driving a boat and the Jet Ski added to the excitement and made me a child:)

Had lunch at the restaurant nearby. Don't remember the name though. Food was definitely good enough if not Over the Top. Returned to San Antonio by 6 PM and crashed on to bed for a well deserved sleep :)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JaganMohan7

Austin, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Feeding Deer from my hand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love this lake! There were dozens of white tailed deer. A few of the very young fawns walked right up to our car before we even got out of it. I was glad I had an apple with me. The deer didn't seem to know what it was, but they liked it. The lake is quiet and peaceful. It was a very nice day.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mary B
Los Angeles
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Too optimistic...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Having grown up around Canyon Lake and spent summers with friends there I had high hopes of sharing it with my family. The prior day we floated the Comal River and I wanted to change things up so we tried the south beach at Canyon Lake. We didn't even unpack.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank seehoustonlosAngeles
Boston, Massachusetts
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Damn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Yes, go to the damn and you can walk along the entire length from either side. Also, below the damn is another walk you can take along the river (but being on the damn was better).

Visited March 2014
1 Thank 112PCS112
Austin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“We go to Canyon Lake every Summer for tubing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

It is quaint, beautiful, quiet, and I much prefer it to floating through a town like NBraunfels. Just my personal opinion. All the tube places are owned by locals and are affordable and friendly!

Visited July 2013