“Jewel of the Hill Country”
Review of Canyon Lake

Canyon Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the deepest lakes in Texas boasts more than 80 miles of scenic shoreline and is a favorite spot for outdoor activities year round.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Absolutely love this lake. Take the family here a couple times a year to float a cove and do some toobing behind the boat. Water is clean and cool! A must for hot Texas summers!!!

1  Thank Sunset-fisher

Reviewed September 4, 2012

A buddy of mine I rivet out on his boat for the holiday. It was my first trip to Canyon lake, an let me tell you I wa impressed.

First, or a major holiday weekend, the was hardly any major traffic on the lake. Even on the shores the seem to be plenty of room for family to setup shade. I usually would think that on a 3 day weekend for most, everyone would show up.

Second, was how clean the lake was. Once again I'm sure the lower amount of people helped, but the wasn't any trash floating around and the water a nice teal color. Its temp was perfect.

The was also plenty of points to come shore with the boat. We made several stop to hop out, have a bite, take a dip. The where also multiple place to jump off the boat, rock climb up to jump off a cliff.

Overall, I really enjoy the lake and would recommend to everyone

1  Thank 3ill
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Beautiful lake. A hidden treasure that is highly underrated. People are very friendly and the water is beautiful for a Texas lake. Many local activities to keep your trip fun.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our family is from The Woodlands, TX area, just north of Houston. We went to Canyon Lake Dam during spring break of 2012 and had a wonderful time. The views were amazing! I'm not sure if we can technically call them true "mountains," but living in the south, they looked like mountains to us. The water was clear and beautiful! Still can't believe a place so beautiful is just a 4 hour drive from home. The time of year we went was still a little too cold to swim. We waded up to our knees in the water, and hiked around lake, and skipped rocks in the water. Beautiful place to explore. We hope to go back in warmer weather to swim. We only visited a fraction of the area, but others have told us that there are places around the lake that are even better than where we were. FREE fun for the whole family!

1  Thank lana t
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Actually Canyon Lake is a man made really huge Damp. You can drive all around and select the best place to swim. the water is warm and there are a few man made beaches, we rented a small cottage just next to the river and could swim there. Just have to take care of the dept... lovely place to share with family and friends.