“WE LOVED IT & Great Anniversary Weekend!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Gruene River Hotel & Retreat
Ranked #3 of 12 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed at this beautiful B&B a few years ago and I didn't see any place to rate them at that time. If I had I would have given them 5 stars then. I found this site because we are planning a trip back to the area soon. We travel for my husbands job so we are not always in this area but when we are we will definately stay again. The ppl were so very friendly, They staged the room for us per my husbands special requests. They went over and beyond. The food was fantastic. The grounds and rooms are beautiful and always very clean. I am a clean freak so that is very important to me. The movie theater and game room were a special bonus! We love the area and it was so nice to be within walking distance of all the antique shops, ect. To anyone who wants a peaceful, restful, stay in the Hill Country, this is the place to stay! Thank you for making our anniversary weekend a very special memory,

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suejones64

Reviewed October 1, 2010

Oh my gosh! The Gruene Apple. Heaven on Earth. This is absolutely the best B&B I have ever spent time in. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The food was incredible and worth the extra few pounds that I must have gained. Each room is adorably decorated in it's own unique theme. Our room had it's own private balcony overlooking the river, and a gas log fireplace, a very comfy bed, plenty of room to spread out, very clean bathroom, and many thoughtful details right down to a white noise machine! The location is perfect, walking distance to the quaint, fun downtown area. Downstairs was a gameroom with lots of fun games, a cappucino machine, and a movie room in which a different movie was played each night! Wow. My husband and I can not wait to go back. We both highly recommend the Gruene Apple. Five Stars are not enough.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmomma55
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Great view of Guadalupe River and site seeing., Great accomidations and super food! What else could you ask for ------- "I'll be back!"

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bubba75080
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The Gruene Apple is an amazing gem in the Texas Hill Country. From the gracious staff, to the comfortable rooms, and finally the AMAZING gourment breakfast, everything is perfect. The Inn is located steps from downtown Gruene which has great shopping and tons of history! Thanks to the Kleypas family, who made me feel like one of their own. I WILL be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gingerelis
Reviewed July 27, 2010

To begin with, the breakfast was to die for..........very clean breakfast area, and food was not cold. Delicious. Very friendly staff. Will come back for sure. Enjoyed all the amenities. I highly recommend to anyone. Thanks for a wonderful time Gruene Apple.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank gonzo007
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My friends and I went to the Gruene Apple for a "girls weekend" and had a WONDERFUL relaxing time. We relaxed by the pool, shopped at the Gruene boutiques, and hit the nearby Outlet Mall. Our room, Room with a View, was beautiful, spacious, and filled with unique treasures. The Gruene Apple is truly a unique and enjoyable inn!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank GingerJackson
Reviewed July 26, 2010

How do you describe heaven?

You could start with individualized rooms decorated with favorite themes, intellectual stimulation provided by an all-inclusive library, lots of lounging areas with both inside and out, a recreation lounge.complete with pool table, shuffleboard, Pac-Man Machine, cappachino machine & movie viewing availabe at select times. AND then you have gourmet breakfast prepared entirely by the members of this family who dreamed, built, and graciously maintains this 'little piece of paradise" .

The only trouble you will have is remembering that you have to leave -- sometime.

• Stayed: July 2010