“Wonderful Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Gruene River Hotel & Retreat
Ranked #3 of 17 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
mansfield, texas
“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Reviewed January 22, 2008

This was a surprise weekend for my wife. She sure needed a few days to recharge the old batteries. I could not have been any happier with my choose of the Gruene Apple Inn.This is a wonderful place to stay. I had high expectations before I arrived. They were not only met they were exceeded. We stayed in the Hill Country room and enjoyed every minute of it. As I stated it was great place, everything from the room with a view, the game room, the theater, and the breakfast you have to see and taste to believe. The staff were friendly and assisted with all our needs. Will return as soon as possible. I am 62 years old and this is the first review I have every given, so believe me I was impressed with the place.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
texas
Reviewed January 18, 2008

I wish that I would have had the opportunity to write a review like the ones that are listed. My husband and I were planning a little get away and we just love going to Gruene. We usually stay at the Gruene Mansion, but they were full so I called the Gruene Apple. The lady who answered the phone was so rude. When asking why the rooms were priced differently she responded with thats how the owners priced them. I did not know even know what to say. I then asked if the higher priced rooms have a better view as that would be 100% worth it to me. She was very rude and snobby and that is not at all what the people in Gruene are like. I was sad not to give them my business, but if we are going to pay $200+ for a room per night I would want good service and nice people. So in summary bad first impression. Hopefully she will change her approach when people call.

Stayed January 2008
6 Thank lks11111
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2007

I heard about the Gruene Apple from a friend and read the reviews here, but nothing that I heard even came close to describing how wonderful this place is! We arrived on a Thursday afternoon, checked in and were personally shown to our room, the Hill Country Lodge. What an awesome place to spend 3 days! The room was large, airy and so well decorated to fit the theme. A private balcony gave a peek of the river below. The entire property was beautiful and we were made to feel right at home by the entire staff. It is such a peaceful, restful place to be and the first night was a dream, but the best part came the next morning at breakfast. The Kleypas family prepares a spread fit for royalty and I can guarantee you cannot leave hungry. On top of that, each afternoon, a complimentary wine cart is put out in the lobby and at 7 each evening, you can even watch a movie on a large screen in comfortable swivel chairs. There is a game room with a cappaccino machine, pool table, foosball, air hockey, shuffleboard and even a video game - a real playground for adults, which is another plus to the property. For those who just want to get away from it all, the property is all adult! The Gruene historic district is in easy walking distance to the Inn. The Green Apple Inn is just so inviting and cozy that you will not want to leave and cannot wait to get back!

Stayed October 2007
4 Thank Traveln_Texan
Orange
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Kinda aggrivates me to see the ratings so low. This place was exceptional in all categories! Hospitality, cleanliness, wine tasting, movie and a breakfast worth getting out of bed for with a dining room overlook view of the river much appreciated.
Now they could put a small light at the hot tub controls for us older coots who don't take our glasses or a flashlight to the pool. Maybe high light one and six?
No, the rates were right in there. Especially for the quality and just plain old thought that went into making this place what it is.
My wife and I both give it a thumbs up.
Which in and of itself is pretty unique because Greone isn't one of my top of the list hill country hot spots!
We found the Greone Apple by knocking on the door and am sure glad we did. I am also old, handi-capped and ornery. I don't give no one an atta boy that doesn't impress me. The kind people of the Green Apple went out of their way to accomidate us and me with rekindling my wheel chair! And they have an elevator! Not to forget a cool game room and library. Lucky for them I wasn't in the reading mode or I'd still be there!
To our regret, we didn't drag the camera out. It was a the end of a tough week end and I'm still giving the Greone Apple a solid five stars!

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank ThePainKiller
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 31, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Gruene Apple B&B October 20-21. It was my first time staying at a B&B and I wasn't sure what to expect. The Gruene Apple exceeded my expectations!!

We will definitely be staying there again.

• Liked — It's a modern bed & breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing. loved everything
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kimberly Z
Spring Hill, Kansas
Reviewed October 28, 2006

We hesitate to give The Gruene Apple Inn a review only because it is one of our very favorite places and we sometimes have a little trouble getting a reservation. However, the owners of this very specal inn deserve the praise for there exceptional work.

We will just say that you couldn't possibly be disapointed with anything at the Gruene Apple. 100% first class.

• Liked — Clean Clean Clean. Comfy and very quiet. Wonderfull Breakfast.
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Tips/Secrets — Leave your car here and walk into town or to the river.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kansascloud
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2005

The Gruene Apple Inn is within walking distance of most shops and restaurants in the quaint little town of Gruene, Texas near San Antonio.

When my husband and I discovered the Gruene Apple Inn we were so pleased. It is a beautiful, intimate cross between a small inn and a bed and breakfast. The owners are 'hands on' in every detail. The rooms are beautifully decorated each with a different theme... several have peaceful views of the river. There are 14 rooms and we have stayed in several but our favorite is The Shady Lady -- we met one couple whose goal was to stay in all 14 rooms. I'm sure they have by now.

Breakfast is worth the stay... abundant and delicious. We seldom need lunch and plan an early dinner. We enjoy the media room where they show a movie every night -- the game room is a great place to pass a few hours with your travel companions. Around 5 PM they present complimentary wine for guest's enjoyment.

The beds are luxurious, many of the rooms spacious and everything is beyond clean. The grounds are beautiful and well kept... it can be a little pricey but worth it! We sometimes go during the week and ask for discounts.

Don't miss this jewel! You will love the Gruene Apple Inn!

• Stayed January 2005