“Not as good as Some”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #58 of 287 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American
Description: It's brand new. Look on the Golden Corral main website and do a search. They list it, but should be on your list.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Typical Golden Corral fare. I have had better prepared food in other ones, especially Branson, MO. The salad was wilted and the food seemed to have been on the line a bit too long.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't normally eat at a buffet, but I had the opportunity. I was surprised by how fresh the food was and the selection. I don't think I will be going back but if buffet is what you like this is adequate.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came here with another couple and I confess I was not thrilled with the choice. We are not great fans of this type of restaurant or this chain, but this was an exception. The place was cleaner than most, the staff was friendly and the food was outstanding. The selection was very good and everything was fresh and well prepared. This should be a training location for other Golden Corrals.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I know what you are thinking, come on, what can a buffet offer me? Before I get started, I want to admit, that not all Golden Corral's are the same, but this one is spectacular. From the all you can eat steak bar (dinner only but prepared to order) to the delicious Caesar Salad to the Blue bell ice cream and Chocolate fountain, its not your normal buffet. The food temperature is perfect, the flavor great, the selection mighty, and its clean! My only real beef is that they serve butter substitutes instead of butter, but there is so much to eat, I don't mess with the bread anyway. Oh, and I have always received service with a smile. When I had some family visit from out of state, we hit several restaurants, and it was funny to have them like this one best. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

when we arrived they actually had us wait and be seated, which was actually nice instead of a table of 6 (4 kids) looking for a place to sit. Food was good and a big plus the restrooms were clean. Waitress was super nice and filled our drinks right away, didn't have to search for her.